Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I'm sorry. Were you two close?

Not as close as I've gotten older, but somewhat when I was younger. We used to visit my grandma for a week or two every summer, and he lived nearby and was always there. So most of my best memories of my dad's family involve Uncle Mark (who died) and Uncle Rick.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Brando. I am about to lose one of my uncles soon. He is a good man. He and my Aunt took care of me a lot, when I was very young, when my mother was sick and in the hospital. Always took very good care of me.

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear that. Honestly I'm not sure which is more painful - losing someone suddenly or over a period of time. Both are pretty awful, but at least you have an opportunity to say goodbye. That was the one thing that made my uncle's death less painful: getting to say goodbye, even if he was in a coma when I got to do it.

They both suck, no doubt. But, sudden is very bad especially if you didn't get to say goodbye, or speak with that person recently. My mother passed last July 15th of a heart attack. She lived in Florida, and we spoke on occasion. But, we hadn't seen each other since late 2006 when my family and I visited. Per her wishes, she was cremated. I was sent some of her ashes, as I asked for them. So, I didn't get to see her and say goodbye in any form.

That is rough. My dad died suddenly about 3 and a half years ago, no warning at all. He was changing his oil, came in and sat on the couch while it drained and had a massive heart attack. It was rough, but I feel like everything was dumped on me to be the strong one in my family and take care of my mom (who moved in with us for a few months) and my older siblings, so I feel like I never really had the whole grief experience. I only cried, briefly, during the funeral mass.

I did end up leaving Nightly for a while, because I was under so much stress that I just couldn't keep it all up.

So sorry, man. Were you close with your Dad? Sounds like you were. My Dad was pretty much out of my life, after Mom and he divorced in 1978. He was dealing with demons, so to speak. He tried to get in contact with me, one time during one of my birthday parties, but my Mom put the kibosh on that because at the time he was high/drunk. He died of a bad liver in 1985. He was 38. I was 16. It was tough, but I hadn't seen him in a long time, when I was very little. Strangely, it is harder now without him. I would really love to have him in my life right now, and speak with him. He would be 68 and I 46 right now. Just father and son hanging out shooting the shit. I miss him. I wish that I was a bit more mature, so that maybe I could've helped him in some way back then.

I'm so turned off by DC on the big screen that every single person I know would have to tell me it's the best film ever to get me even mildly interested.

Started to feel some pain around a tooth yesterday. Had an appointment with the dentist scheduled for Friday so I thought I'd wait. Woke up this morning and can't open my mouth much more than an inch. In the hospital now and expecting surgery tomorrow to get my wisdom teeth extracted. Swelling is so bad they're afraid I'll get my airway completely blocked if I go home.

How does that ransomware virus end up on a "certain" user-type's computer?

My ex's parents have gotten it like 20 times. Hillariously they've taken it to GeekSquad now and it costs them 100 dollars to remove this virus. I won't remove it any more. I've been using the internet for as long as its been around and have NEVER had this virus but they get on their computer and bam within 15 seconds of checking out Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes they're infected. I swear to god they're using the internet wrong. I'm pretty sure they're on a list of people to infect through a program at GeekSquad

We're throwing a party for my ex and his partner next weekend to celebrate legal gay marriages and their 6 year anniversary. I showed his Mom how to create an event online in FB and invite people. She just shares. So instead of hitting the invite button she's continuously sharing it. Also she shares the most weirdest things on the internet. Like she votes democrat but keeps sharing stuff from a GOP Tea Party site about singing the star spangled banner and having the american flag at sporting events. OR she shared the pictures of my cats. Maybe a iPad would be better for your mom with Facetime because its so virus proof?

OMG! Tami! I too hit up Macy's this weekend. Nothing but cuteness! I got some pants for 5 bucks, and some shirts and a bra for 9 bucks.