Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

What do you do when one kid is behaving perfectly and the other awful? Katie was going to take them to the Wild Animal Park today... so does she reward the ****ty kid, or screw over the good one? I'm at work so I can't exactly help right now

My parents solved this by putting who they deemed as bad kids (all of them regardless really) in for mental evaluation or shipping them off to a military camp. Jokes on them though, because I might be a writer.

We're trying to figure out wtf is wrong with Ethan, but pretty sure he's just a jerk. Got kicked out of his Kindergarten interview for refusing to sit down and do the evaluation. I'm actually going to schedule something with the local school district about screening him for ADHD or SPD or whatever else. Either way, I think we might be looking at holding him back from Kindergarten next year, which is something I really don't like doing (I think people way overdo it on redshirting kids for school.) His vision issues are not getting better and I think it plays a part, but he just won't freaking listen to anyone and it's like he lives in a fantasy world where everything is a game. He's lucky he's cute.

We've had issues with Louis that blind sided us because he didn't have any issues in kindergarten. Two different people have diagnosed him with ADHD, he has some type of eye issue where he can't focus on things, and he needs occupational therapy. The amazing thing is he's still meeting all expectations for his grade. which speaks to him being very bright. We're hoping his intelligence isn't an issue in terms of getting assistance that he needs. Our school knows his issues quite well, but since it's a private (Catholic) school, we have to go through the public school district.

We had similar worries about Oliver all tbeough grade school. We were terrified for middle school, but oddly, having to change classes every hour was perfect for his restlessness.

This helps a lot. I have to have extra things to interest my faster learners.

We're trying to figure out wtf is wrong with Ethan, but pretty sure he's just a jerk. Got kicked out of his Kindergarten interview for refusing to sit down and do the evaluation. I'm actually going to schedule something with the local school district about screening him for ADHD or SPD or whatever else. Either way, I think we might be looking at holding him back from Kindergarten next year, which is something I really don't like doing (I think people way overdo it on redshirting kids for school.) His vision issues are not getting better and I think it plays a part, but he just won't freaking listen to anyone and it's like he lives in a fantasy world where everything is a game. He's lucky he's cute.

We're having similar issues with Luke. But I blame 90% of his attitude on being a toddler. We've been trying to have him evaluated for speech because he's 3 and still doesn't speak intelligibly or clearly or in sentences. He's crazy smart, so we don't have much problem communicating with him at all, but when we take him anywhere for an eval...OH MY GOD!! He's so damn uncooperative that everyone thinks he's autistic. He won't look at anyone or respond to them in any way, and his meltdowns are extreme. He's not like that day-to-day. It's a special behavior he saves only for doctors and diagnosticians. The last time they finally gave up and left him alone while we did the paperwork thing, so by the time we left he was calm and I was able to get him to pick up the toys he'd taken down and then he waved and said "bye" to everyone. They were kinda floored.

We've had issues with Louis that blind sided us because he didn't have any issues in kindergarten. Two different people have diagnosed him with ADHD, he has some type of eye issue where he can't focus on things, and he needs occupational therapy. The amazing thing is he's still meeting all expectations for his grade. which speaks to him being very bright. We're hoping his intelligence isn't an issue in terms of getting assistance that he needs. Our school knows his issues quite well, but since it's a private (Catholic) school, we have to go through the public school district.

...kindergarten? I swear this kid was born like last year...

I finally found a keyboard I like to use. And I want to take it with me everywhere so I don't have to use cruddy keyboards. When you use a keyboard for most of your work, a good quiet keyboard that makes less mistakes in typing because it's meant for your clumsy hands helps my mood quite a bit.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The oldest church in Grand Rapids, Michigan is celebrating its 150th anniversary with a special craft beer release from the brewery that put its tasting room in an old funeral home chapel and made the altar a bar.

Maybe not as cool as that, but near where I work, there's an old deconsecrated church built in the 1890s that was turned into a restaurant called the Taco Guild, but they serve craft beer and everything tequila.

I hate my family so bad. My Grandma is in the final few days. She wants to die in her home. No one has bothered to take her to get the doctor to sign off of hospice care. She basically has accidents in her pyjammas and it needs some cleaning and she is kind of old and like a goat. She just sleeps a lot and wants to be hot - like set the temp to 90 in the house because her skin is thin. Instead of leaving her in her house and staying there my Aunt takes her to Scottsdale for a few days to her new patio home but Aunt is upset about cleaning up poopy Nan. She's getting all the inheritance. So this Sunday my Aunt is taking her to my Mom's house and leaving her. My Mom's house is not suitable. Like they have chihuahuas that pee and poop in the spare bedroom and have never had that cleaned up and there are chickens in the house and no one wants to take responsibility. On top of that my sister od'd in her room last night and no one will go over and make sure she's alive because that would require waking up and getting out of bed. But they can call and call and call me at work, on my cell phone, at my second job, while I am in class. SIGH. So for Easter holiday I get to spend my time off driving to Tucson, taking care of moving Nan back to her house and for a few days she will be in her house. I have to come back. I can't live with these people. Like what can I do from Texas? Or what can your divorced husband do from Georgia? I am the responsible adult because I chose not to be like these people where it is everyone else's problem but theirs.

Thanks! These people in Tucson are definitely not in charge of what happens to me when I die. My Dad, who has been divorced from my mom from well over 35 years, convinced my Mom to call 911 and they came to pick up my sister but my Mom wouldn't open the door. Because the chihuahua's might run away.