Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

The toughest thing about this home school thing is fighting the tendency to make it just like public school at home. I didn't decide to home school just so I could replicate a public school day!

The second toughest thing is trying to explain this concept to family members while asking for support.

Btw, we've watched almost all 4 seasons of The Magic School Bus in the past 3 weeks. Noah can't get enough. I keep wanting to make him wait so that we can watch certain episodes when they coincide with our curriculum, but then I remember that all learning is good and shouldn't be halted.

I don't want to! ALSO, I got them at my old radio station. AND ALSO, while I was there, the PD aksed me to do part time and I said OKAY but you have to PAY me and he said OKAY so now when I move I also will be again playing AC DC on the radio and rocking Seattle's face off.

This is ALL good.

I don't want to! ALSO, I got them at my old radio station. AND ALSO, while I was there, the PD aksed me to do part time and I said OKAY but you have to PAY me and he said OKAY so now when I move I also will be again playing AC DC on the radio and rocking Seattle's face off.

This is ALL good.

This is what I believe, and I know you're pretty anti-religious, so feel free to substitute any instance of God with "fate", "the universe", "karma", or whatever you might actually believe...if anything.

I believe that we all have a path that we're supposed to be on. Sometimes we get off the path or we start a new one in the wrong direction. When this happens, God throws up some road blocks to persuade you back down the correct path. These roadblocks get bigger and shittier each time He has to throw in front of us, because obviously our dumb asses don't get it. Eventually, once you start down the correct path, not only do things begin to right themselves, but you also get little rewards along the way. I think living with your (ex-)husband was the complete wrong path for you, but now that you've taken steps to correct that (voluntarily or otherwise) you'll start to see more things fall into place.

Moral of the story: when things get too shitty, turn your ass around and find another path until things smooth out.

So congrats! I want a baby duck.

Guest xhado123

So... is this random enough?

I am going to be a business owner. A producer (Back in theatre, woohoo). And a tea room manager (different job!). Life's about to get busy.

Reese, I DO feel there's a flow to the universe, whether it's something that wants us to go with it or against it is where I start the hedge. But I FEEL that flow-I feel when I'm moving against it and when I'm going with it and I TOTALLY agree with you.

In related news, my therapist has green-lighted me to have all the casual secks I feel like having. Last session, we talked about me in a new relationship. She said "If you happen to meet someone and you feel like you're clicking- like this guy just GETS you-I want you to turn and RUN. Run fast and far. Have all the casual sex you want, but for right now, you need to be relationship-free because your anxiety and patterns will FIND you the exact wrong person to be with."

I love her.

In casual comments, DUCK EGGS ARE THE SHIT, man! EAT some today. You will thank me.

That sounds exhausting, xhado. I have 1 full time job with flexible hours, and I am balking at chairing a committee for a group I'm involved with because it will eat up some of my free time. I like sleep. And running. And playing soccer. And reading. And doing puzzles. Really, I don't have enough free time to fit all that in as it is.