Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Ugh. I always get a stomachache from blood after dental work. Here's hoping for a smooth recovery, Jacen.

Thanks! It has gone pretty smoothly since then fortunately. This was actually less of a pain to deal with than for my previous extractions since I had to get implants put in to replace those teeth.

How do you job search in another city, particularly one youve never even been to? Like I know to search job boards and sites for that area, but what do I do with my resume and how to I wordnitnon a cover letter? Weve got a handful of areas were interested in moving to and Im having a hard time figuring out how to start.

You're coming to Seattle, right? RIGHT?

I think it's easier to drop into a cover letter that you're interested in relocating to the area. But I also think employers realize that if you're applying to a specific job, you're willing to live where the job is. If they're that cheap that they're going to discount you for an interview because they don't want to buy a plane ticket, you probably don't want to work there anyway. But phone interviews and virtual interviews are pretty common now.

OMG! Krawlie! You have to get out of the state that BURNS. Also they like family guys. That's a good thing - or at least it used to be because you want stability and to work as opposed to someone who'll ditch your job for better stuff. It's the gig economy though.

OMG shopping is the worst for Christmas. For every 20 bucks I spend on someones gift I end up eating or drinking or buying something for myself that is double that!

Dont take this the wrong way, Spam, but maybe dont Christmas shop like a Mean Girl. ;-)

My daughter loves playing the violin, its her second year of learning it, my parents even bought her a violin. My problem is her playing makes me want to stab my ears with a philipshead screwdriver. Shes still learning, I tell myself that continuously and also count my blessings our culture doesnt have a Classical Music Idol talent show or something because I can only tell her that her Music is sounding so great. Just. So. Great. Well done.

I've avoided the spoilers so far. If I can make it through the rest of the work day (2.5 hours) I'll be okay.

I almost wish that I hadn't bought a ticket already, and would feel better just spoiling myself. I have a bad feeling about this.

What's a good source of caffeine besides coffee and soda and energy drinks because those are disgusting and I dont want to have to pee every 27 seconds

I have a subscription to Green. There are now two other flavors, but the taste takes some getting used to. With it I was able to kick my longtime soda caffeine addiction and its withdrawal headaches.

My youngest three children returned from a extended weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. They arrived home before 9am today because my 7yo son woke up with nausea. My Pops explained he listened to my warning about over indulgence with the kids (last time they were there my 12yo daughter puked). I was like well thats good, Pops. Sometimes these things just happen, you know.

Pops was off the hook, but he couldnt help to explain himself some more. He explained what they eat, emphasizing that he avoided a bunch of crap treats and stuff. Before I detail the menu, I want to say that my dad is a trim guy, he still works out daily at 71 years old. I can only assume that during my youth when Pops worked (I am thankful he was being a good provider) every single moment he could (overtime king) his dedication to earning a buck somehow erased all ideas of what constitutes as junk food and what isnt. Also I am now wondering just what the hell my kids ate the during the previous visit if he thought the following was better.

One night they had spaghetti and hamburgers (I assume, I hope as an option rather than together). The next night they had spaghetti and pizza (I assume leftover spaghetti and again I hope as an option rather than together). They had McDonalds breakfast twice, McDonalds lunch twice. They ate whatever they wanted at the theater one day while watching Jumanji (after one of the McDonalds breakfast/lunch trips). They each got to pick a big candy treat that they could snack on throughout the visit. They drank Coca-Cola, but not all the time, they had juice too.

When my Pops left, and after I set up a living room nausea triage for my 7yo son, I called my 12yo daughter over to me and asked her what they ate. I had to consider the possibility my leg was being pulled after all. My 12yo daughter confirmed every menu item. I can now only conclude that my parents have turned into utter morons.

HAHAHAHAHA! Kids and the foods they eat. As a teacher I know what a sugar crash looks like as well as that fatty carb diet crash. Puking kids are not fun. I had one mom send her kid to school with big bag of Cheeto's once. That said sometimes grandparents will break the home diet on holidays. Holidays are like that.

Totally true and fair. Also just to be clear when I said I think my parents have turned into utter morons I meant that in like the most loving way possible. lol