Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Sort of. I mean, they say they do in the policy, but it's still 18 days less per year than my last job, which also gave paid holidays.

And you have to accrue it before you can take it, so I might have to take unpaid time for new years day since I'll blow all of it by taking a 1/2 day on Christmas eve and Christmas off.

Last night was horrid. Part of the reason for this trip was to see Laura's daughter march in a parade at Disney world. Kim's in her school's color guard and Laura saved for months so Kim could go on this 5 day bus trip to Disney. We spent about $230 on tickets, gas and stuff to be there. Laura has a bad knee, so it wasn't easy on her physically and we saw Kim just before the parade so she knew we were there to support her. We jockeyed for a decent spot on the street and no Kim. She was found 3 hours later with a boy. Laura's trying to figure out an effective punishment that won't punish herself as well. Today we go look at mobile home real estate for my bff, then I have a job interview.

You're welcome!

I've also learned that my company is about the only large one in our industry that only allows one day off for Christmas. Everyone else at least closes early on Christmas Eve, but we'll have people in the building until at least 9 PM. Previously we closed at 5:30, which is when I currently get off, but that really stinks for those who have to work late.

Interview went great but they want me to work a split shift which would double my hours but they're not even sure they can match my current pay. This would leave me no time during the week to help my parents and leave me sleep deficient all week and could potentially put me in traffic commuting up to 5 hours a day, so it's probably not going to be a good fit,

Tami! I have family in Tampa! They live in a shack with dirt floors - and fish for their dinners because my Dad's sister recently passed away and they're kind of lost and poor. I've only seen them when we were small but I would totes magotes come to the Tampa area to visit. Tampa is close to horse country and my Mom's been looking at moving east. She just can't take the humidity. She has COPD.

In other news. The tree has been up 5 days and has only been tasted and not toppled! I may decorate the tree tonight. Last night I went to a Christmas party for my second job at the check place. I'm down to 9 hours a week at this job but it was the best Christmas party yet. They had dueling piano guys who played requests, prizes (which once again after 6 years I did not get a single one out of the drawing that included an LG 49 inch teevee - 1080p but only 60hrz, a Canon powershot camera, 500 dollar gift card to Southwest/Marrriott, 100 dollar gift cards to Best Buy, PS4s, X boxes, a Keurig, 7 pairs of Spurs tickets to Lakers and 7 for Indiana tickets for the box seats, a Kitchenaid 4.5 quart mixer, an iPad mini, and a Samsung computer. I was slow on the dessert bar so ended up with chocolate cake but they had like a thousand desserts to go with the dinner and the guy who I bought my beer ticket for because it wasn't open bar gave me TWO tickets instead of one by accident!

My sister went back to the hospital last night. I can't go back out to Tucson until Christmas break. I'm freaking out about money though. I may get my car back today and I have to figure out where the 1900 will come from to pay for it. Because of family things I'm pretty tapped out in savings and don't want to put this on credit but if I borrow from the 401K I have to pay it back to not get the penalty.

The good news is that since I put the cone of shame on Nanner all her lick wounds have healed. I guess she'll have to continue with the cone of shame indefinitely because she is so weird.

• 3 weeks later...