Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Talking to the manager of the local funeral home, "We called a few places in the surrounding areas to see what it would cost to have the same service and cremation you are offering, they average $500 less than you. What extra service do you provide to justify the extra cost?". There was silence for about five seconds, then "I can guarantee the ashes you get back actually came from your loved one".

Guest El Chalupacabra

Is this for real or are you joking? If the former, that is a pretty messed up and cold blooded thing to say. Even more disturbing is they could be right.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Real. Messed up in so many ways. Based on how he immediately offered to meet the lower price and was looking for other ways to be extra accommodating, he clearly realized it may have been a little... insensitive. Can't forget how the sausage gets made though.

That is crazy. But at least there was an offer to meet the lower price, but that doesn't do much to make up for it.

I am sorry you had to go through that.

To be honest, I was still in a sufficient state of shock from an unexpected loss that it didn't even register emotionally. I had gone through the whole thought process trying to figure out why he had said it before I had a chance to think about how I felt about it.

I would like to say I won't be doing business with him again, but monopolys have their advantages.

Bought a desktop after school Friday. Plugged it in to the internet at 5:30 pm yesterday. It is still updating. 3G worth of updates. Not to mention removing lame load ons and getting chrome installed I maybe able to use it by Sunday.

But it was the Best my money could buy after one of my cats pulled the tablecloth down and took my laptop to the floor with a fresh cup of hot coffee.