Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I can sleep like a log. Rarely do i have to get up in the night for any reason. I seem to be able to go to sleep at any time at any location on demand. Weird. Comes in handy particularly while travelling. I could sleep standing if I had something to prop me up. I do take Austin Powers-esque pees in the morning. Like a camel, my water retention is rather good. This might be the weirdest paragraph Ive ever written.

I can sleep like a log. Rarely do i have to get up in the night for any reason. I seem to be able to go to sleep at any time at any location on demand. Weird. Comes in handy particularly while travelling. I could sleep standing if I had something to prop me up.

You're not ex-military by any chance, are you?

I can sleep like a log. Rarely do i have to get up in the night for any reason. I seem to be able to go to sleep at any time at any location on demand. Weird. Comes in handy particularly while travelling. I could sleep standing if I had something to prop me up.

You're not ex-military by any chance, are you?

Naw.. but sometimes I wish I had military training. I play first person shooters sometimes though.... which doesn't come close to taking shrapnel in Falluja but you know.. I can fantasize

So. The midwestern US is in the grips of a named winter storm. All schools, including colleges are shut down at least through Wednesday. So are all of the cultural institutions in town, including one my company was supposed to be holding an annual business breakfast event at tomorrow. So are quite a few private businesses. A major expressway in the area has been completely shut down, and everyone from the national weather service to local newscasters are begging people to stay off the roads.

Guess who's typing this from the office, after using a personal day yesterday because my road was impassable, after limping in on mostly unplowed roads since my company dgaf?

This crazy nut bag in my condo complex reported me for feeding cats. For 3 years now because he reports me EVERY YEAR at the HOA meetings that I do not go to I walk two blocks up from my house to feed my feral cat colony. But every year this dick reports me during the annual meeting. $250 dollar fine. He is hardly here as he works 3 hours south of San Antonio and only comes up on weekends to bitch about the laurel tree that he was promised would be a bush that he wants uprooted outside his condo door. Jesus, dude, chill.

I forget. Are we going to have to start a new thread when this reaches 3000 posts?

I'm not sure. I don't think we've gotten an update from JA on the topic. So I say let's just see if Nightly blows up

This crazy nut bag in my condo complex reported me for feeding cats. For 3 years now because he reports me EVERY YEAR at the HOA meetings that I do not go to I walk two blocks up from my house to feed my feral cat colony. But every year this dick reports me during the annual meeting. $250 dollar fine. He is hardly here as he works 3 hours south of San Antonio and only comes up on weekends to bitch about the laurel tree that he was promised would be a bush that he wants uprooted outside his condo door. Jesus, dude, chill.

Can you contest it? Seems like all they have is his word vs yours.

Oh, yeah, I asked for proof I do this and I am refusing to pay the fine. This guy also reports people who back into their car ports instead of pulling in. If I see him today I think I'm going to give him a piece of my mind! I am one of the few people in the complex who actually cares about the complex. I help pick up litter since the neighbor that normally does this has had knee surgery and make sure the doggy bags are in the dog care poles for people to pick up after their dogs and also make sure that there is lights that burn out in our public lighting have been replaced (our maintenance guy has cancer and we're still looking for a new maintenance guy).

Well. My position in the company I (used to) work for was eliminated, and I was laid off today.

How's that for eclectic depression?

OOOOOo NO. I am so sorry. This week has been sooooo bad. Someone I work with had her baby die in the crib last night. I've been trying to help cover her class this morning as there was no clear lesson plan for the sub.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Thanks, everyone.

I'm writing this from the desktop computer at my old work station because they want to keep us around for another 2 weeks to train our replacements. Charming, right?

Spam, that's horrible :(

Dude, I would totally just call out sick for 2 weeks. What are they going to do? Fire you?