Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I'm getting really tired of lame ass lazy wannabe rack hunting hunters. First there was the Idaho Fish and Game Commissioner that had to resign because he went on an ego driven killing spree in Africa. Then I heard about a depredation hunt that got shut down in the next valley over because some dipshit shot two bull elk, cut their heads off, and left the rest to waste. Then today someone shot a deer in my in-law's field. My mother-in-law was home to confront the trespassers. My father-in-law was out hunting, in the mountains. He knew there were deer in his field. He didn't want them shot. I could shoot a deer out my window any day of the week. If society broke down and I couldn't buy meat at the market I would, and be glad for the availability of game and the acquired skills to do so. But not if irresponsible hunters ruin it.

What happened to your mother in law actually pisses me off. That and the wasted Elk. My Mom used to have a cabin in the White Mountains of AZ. They had to deal with a headless carcass that was left to rot. The person had trespassed on their property. Shot the Elk and cut his head off and left. They also left some skinned carcasses of other animals. My Mom and Step-Dad had gone down to Tucson for three days because my Step-Dad had been diagnosed with cancer and he needed treatment (He used the VA there because the one in Phoenix is not so great). Neither my Mom or Step-Dad could handle the size of the Elk. If it hadn't have sat for a couple of days in warmer temps the local Indian tribe would have used it. They did help my Step-Dad with clearing it.

Ugh, you just reminded me that gun season starts here in a couple of weeks.

Thankfully, a chest freezer full of venison and elk is possibly even more of a status symbol than a rack around here, but that doesn't mean beer hunters aren't out there.

And since people hunt right behind my house, I get the 5am gunshot wake-up call every damn weekend.

I cringed every time I heard a 5 AM gunshot. I love deer. In the park I walk in at night the deer are sweet and you can do laps around the park and they don't run when you are 5 feet near them. I don't touch them. And deer should be scared of people. But some old lady comes out with her son and feeds them corn and there is a massive grass thicket that they lay down in to sleep in the center of the loop walking trail.

I am a-ok 110% with hunters bagging deer responsibly. We have SO FREAKING MANY and driving is so damn stressful because of them.

One time when I was in college I had just spent a 12 hour day in classes and was exhausted and thankfully not behind the wheel when I swear I saw a huge white stag at the side of the road and I started screaming DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER!!!! and the driver slammed on the breaks and we nearly spun out and there was definitely no deer there. That's how stressful driving is around here because of the deer population.

But we need more bowhunters so I can sleep in on my hard-earned weekend, damnit.

Oh yeah, at night I have to be super careful leaving my second job. I work 5:30 to 9 PM at a call center part time. nothing more sickening than hearing that sound of a wreck and it's caused by a deer or something smaller. One time I stopped and stopped other traffic to let a new born fawn follow her mother across the street because her feet were still unsteady. I've had two deer wrecks. One ran into the side of my car and another when I was little and riding home with my dad and he hit a buck. I drive extra cautious going home.

My nephew does bow hunting. He's pretty good at it. Because of my eye sight I don't hunt because I'd hate to wound and not kill instantly.

I was a local archery champion when I was a teenager. My teacher was even starting to float the idea of Olympic training. But my teenage ass could barely manage 7am league practice, let alone being in a cold tree stand at 4am.

Nowadays, I can't even pull my bow anymore, thanks fibromyalgia! (I am also still very allergic to 4am in a cold tree stand)

Yeah, middle seats are definitely the suckage.

Can you fly into another airport close by and rent a car and drive? I used to do that for Tampa. Fly into something in Orlando maybe for cheaper? My great Auntie lived in Sarasota. Sometimes it was cheaper to do Orlando and make that stupid drive. Much like flying into Phoenix and renting a car saves me 200$ than flying into Tucson. Best prices come up six weeks before you fly.

I think I'm actually pretty close to figuring out who my biological father is. Unfortunately, of the 2 men I've found who it could be, it looks like both were married when I was conceived, because they both have older children than me. I really hope its neither of them and that there's some line I need to chase down a little further. I always assumed it was some guy out sowing his wild oats. I also think my bio mom knows more than she admits, which is frustrating. I get that she probably didn't want to put the name of a married man on a birth certificate. I'm probably not going to contact them if that's the only 2 I can find. I dont want to ruin anyone's life, and not sure I want to be associated with them anyway. No matter what, I'm doing a background check before I contact anyone. I can't risk my family's safety.

On the funny side, found out that I went to high school with my 3rd cousin. It turns out the helpful lady on 23andme is her aunt. Her mom even made my show choir dress in high school.

My office makes it a full-day party. They didn't until I started working here, but they've got me now and put me in charge of the social committee, so blowout Halloween party it is.

I'm currently dressed as Wednesday Addams (because it's Wednesday), and if I win the costume contest - which it sounds like I might - I will be recreating this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZZyUBwymA

So what do you do when you go to court for your second shoplifting charge hearing? You get arrested and sent to federal jail because you brought your drug paraphernalia for your heroin addiction with you in your purse and even though you've been before and know they search your bag you're too out of it to remember this one time if you're my sister.

Then when your sister's lawyer calls our mother to see where she is you get the crazy phone calls three states over asking if you know where the fuck she is?

Jail is going to be better than this. At least she'll show up to court and not look like a bedraggled rat missing all her teeth.

But getting Mom to understand that is not an easy thing.

And it's always on a holiday where you planned fun stuff like going to a friends haunted house they built in their garage and having sushi and saki while doling out candy and watching scared kids go through the haunted house for their trick before their treat and then going to a bonfire.

I just went home and threw up. After flipping out on my new neighbor's guest who parked in my space.

So back in January 2016, I bought an airsoft rifle off a guy, a rifle that was modified to be a Star Wars blaster that was still usable as an airsoft gun. It cost me £120, and he never sent it. He also disappeared from the Facebook airsoft sites soon after posting apologies for not sending things out and we (the scammed) gave up on ever receiving the items or our money back a few weeks later after no contact from every profile we could find.

Today, the guy messaged me from a new profile. He, and I quote, was having a bit of a head wobble, and ended up losing his job and his flat, with most of his possessions ending up in the bin (including the paid-for rifle). He can't afford to pay it all back in one lump, but offered to pay it back in installments, of which I have received the first. He also offered to make me a new rifle, and then asked for my phone number so we could talk.

As angry as I was at him, I also had a certain amount of sympathy for him, since the story he told me fit with things we'd managed to find out about him after he'd disappeared. But the guy has got to know how badly an offer of a new rifle would go over considering how he took my money and disappeared with it, regardless of his situation, and I don't like giving my number out. It was a very awkward conversation, as I had to hold back from being a dick to him for what he'd done, since he was paying it back, but at the same time, he has to know that his attempts to try and be friendly would not find any of us to be particularly receptive. Sympathy can only go so far when you stole from me and disappeared. I am tempted to keep an eye out for what he does next, as he's said he'll be making more rifles, but you can be damn sure I'll be doing any future transactions face-to-face, if I decide my need for Star Wars pew-pews outweigh my caution.