Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

What's a "Men's Event?"

I'm not saying it sounds gay... but it sounds gay.

I said we were eating pie, not hot dogs.

Basically it was a church thing without wives.

It's the texture for me. I can handle the spice and love the smell (I have a Scentsy scent) but man, the texture of that pie...Whipped cream makes it worse!

I don't care why you hate it. I care that you let me eat your slice.

Also, dealing with mental illness is tough. My spawn (in addition to normal 14-year-old person drama) has awful anxiety, and seeing her suffering is heartbreaking.

Hi. I have a severe anxiety disorder. I remember being that kid.

Are you taking her in for treatment? My parents were very "psychology is a huge hoax!" when I was her age, so I didn't get proper treatment until I was an adult. Proper treatment makes all the difference in the world.

Also, how are *The Royal We* old enough to have teenaged kids?

We live in an era where conspiracy theories and the anxiety, the fear, they can birth are being used in place of debate, wordplay and political gamesmanship...

There are nameless boogeymen, and women, seeking to destroy the country you love. Here let us name some of the boogeymen, and women, without evidence.

Look at your neighbors, if they are not on your side then they are likely one of the enemy. The only people that are Americans today are those people that are just like you.

Okay, how do I best tell my next-door neighbor that when he and his broskis rev their motorcycle engines and yell WOOOOoO at 3am that the entire neighborhood hears them yelling I HAVE A MINISCULE PENIS in a way that their tiny, tiny brains can understand and will make them stop revving their motorcycle engines and yelling WOOOoOO at 3am and that wont potentially run me afoul of a decently sized group of gooned-up ***holes?

Rural midwestern living is complicated.

My friend who owns a Rock Shop in Eureka Springs, AR says his town is being invaded by them this weekend. He said this:

Bikers, Day 1: I arrived at the shop at 12:30 in the afternoon and opened, and then realized I had unconsciously locked the door behind me when I came in. I don’t want to go unlock it. Maybe if I keep my head down at the desk, nobody will know I’m here. And it’s just starting. This is the weekend when 50,000 Harleys come to my town of 2000 people. That’s 25 bikes or bikers for every resident. I understand that different people are different, but I don’t like it. The sound of them sets me on edge in a way that’s hard to describe. I’ll try. The bikes are a steady, deep rumble, punctuated by barks and growls. It’s visceral - the hair on my neck stands up, and everything about it makes me want to get my back to a wall, bare claws that I don’t have, and growl. Rather than physically tense, it makes my muscles relax and my breathing go slow and metronome steady, like mechanical bellows pumping oxygen into a kiln, like right before a fight. The art on the walls is slowly tilting. The door and windows rattle in their frames. You can feel the vibrations in the floor. The adrenaline makes my heart hiccup beats now and then. There are no background thoughts in my mind, just a tracking of movement and awareness of every sound. I have a headache despite ibuprofen. People come into the store. When they speak to me, I’m laconic. Sometimes they ask questions or buy things. That’s ok. When the bikes rev, the corner of my lip rises over my canines - something inherited from some long-forgotten ancestor, maybe a troglodytic cave-squirrel. I apologize. My calves twitch. #mydayatwork

Okay, I'm connected to the brand Facebook page for the company I work for since a huge chunk of my job is customer service. My phone told me some dude just PMed us - "does anyone check this thing." It is 9:30 Sunday morning.

Bro, no one is checking the company brand Facebook at 9:30 Sunday morning, wtf.

Plus who expects an immediate response? Isn't that the point of electronic communication? You get to send something when you think about it, and they get to respond when they're ready?

I've worked lots of jobs that include customer service that don't include responding during non work hours.

I'm not saying I'm required by my company to respond to CS inquiries after hours, I'm saying that the customers think I'm required to wait on them at their whim and convenience, and thanks to app notifications I see it in real time whether I want to or not. Yeah, I could turn the notifications off on my personal time, but would I remember to turn them back on again?

Brand Facebook pages add another wrinkle with the PM response time tag that rewards immediate responses and penalizes the page for any lapse of time between receiving and responding to a message. Not even kidding, that's a "feature".

My boss ended up answering the guy at 9:40 on Sunday morning, because he wouldn't leave us alone and our phones were blowing up.