Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Do you tie your self worth to your output and therefor only feel good about yourself if the unwashed masses (whom you detest) approve?

Pretty much. My job is basically consumer protection and education, so my job really does revolve a decent amount around how people react to what I have to tell them.

Guest Robin

There have been only two times I have thought that Google Maps could be useful; Where the hell am I? What was I supposed to be doing? The latter question doesnt really work if you ask it, by the way. Actually there might be another time Google Maps would be useful, servicing your partner. Hey, Google, whats the traffic like down there? Anything under construction? Are there any detours that I could take and still arrive in a timely manner?

One time I was walking through the employee housing building at Sun Valley in the middle of the day and heard people having some very loud sex in one of the rooms. I was struck by the sudden urge to stop and take my stinky sock off and put it on their door handle. The fact that I didn't still bothers me. I would like to be that guy.

There is a reason Idaho is the fastest growing state. Californians are getting scared. Who wants to raise a kid in LA? Refugees from California are almost as welcome as the ones from Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/etc. Refugees from other states kill more of the ones from other countries than the other way around.

Guest Robin

I deleted my Twitter posts today. I had less than one hundred. All of it was dumb, although I hoped mildly amusing because of that. RIP dumb jokes like:

I want Jackie Chan to play a chef who is furiously avenging his family in a movie called Wonton Violence.

There is not a better audio nutshell of the 80s than Kenny Loggins Playing with the Boys.

I got passed over for a promotion due to my age. (They didn't phrase it that way, but that's what it boils down to.)

You know, I assumed that now that I'm closer to 40 than anything that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing anymore, but I've gotten things like "I've been doing X since before you were born" a LOT lately.

At least I'm just aggravated by it, it sucks a lot more when it affects your paycheck :(

Guest Robin

I know a young man who has been down on his luck. At least I assume so, given how many times he has said fff-suck.

His other words flew to their targets with frequency: F U B. G D N. F that F B A N. F Him that N. F Her, that C S B. F the World. F the N Police those C F. F I got to get Mine. G D she is a S. F all.

Wow. I thought. It must be tough to be him. But maybe everything will be fine however because a day later he said: Praise Jesus. God first. Always and Forever.

So cool... national news covering a hostage situation half a mile from my house, at a TJs where I am 3x a week with my kid.

It's always weird when there is a situation like that. A few years ago, it happened with a shooting at the mall in my hometown. We also had national coverage for a shooting on our campus last year, too. I just remembered a shooting at one of my old schools that also received national coverage some years back.

Guest Robin

Im not certain if this was social medias original intention, but it is definitely useful to log into if youre ever wondering what someone looks like when they have a figurative stick up their ass. I had to write figurative there to avoid being asked to share those photos.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Nothing like a good poop at work.

Six 10-minute poops a day during work hours is 1 hour less of work per day, and is like having 2.5 days off a month.

Guest Robin

People believe that LGBTQ is spelled with a P.

People cheer politicians like the main event of the WWE.

People profess their lives of love as they hate on everything.

People do not vote unless it is for an unknown that can sing.

People cannot stop waging wars for money and guns.

People send thoughts and prayers for lost daughters and sons.

People lack the compassion to give an old lady their seat.

People say we must change or the maker we will greet.