Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

You know that lady who landed the plane with the blown engine that caused a woman to be sucked out of the plane. Well she lives in my hometown! FREAK OUT. I know her through church events and stuff but never made the connection. Way to go Tammie Jo Schuts.

• 2 weeks later...

HA! I am going out to Phoenix, renting a car and driving to Tucson. I fly out right after school on Friday and and come back Sunday. The party is at my Nan's house on Saturday at noon. I've been working on going through old pictures to print and on the back I'm going to put neat hopefully unknown things about Nan that people can read. I've been doing mini interviews with her to learn things about her past. I have already sent a pic of her skinny dipping in her pool to the NBC morning show for them to wish her a happy birthday. She can't see as she's legally blind but I thought it would be hilarious. You can't see her bathing suit bits. It's just a shot of her doing her exercises nekkid in her pool I secretly took a few years ago.

In other news, I have a Tim story for you,Tami!

So Tim managed to talk Mom into taking the Mustang which he was supposed to sell and give her the money from the sale back to her and a Escape that he talked her into buying for him to do Uber (both were paid in cash by Mom because he "needs" a car to help her as she cannot drive) to be used as a down payment on a Ford F-250 pickup because they NEED a pick up. He no longer drives for Uber so basically he's a bigger mooch than before because now Mom's making payments on a truck. For those that know trucks are not cheap. Not even used trucks. Plus the gas to drive around in is paid by Mom. He's burning through all their money right quick.

Well now they've got a really big issue and it's going to cost a lot of money. Their 50 year old septic system is failed. They need to replace it. They had about 500 gallons pumped out so they can do things like take showers and wash dishes and flush but people with irritable bowel syndrome need to be able to flush frequently. So Timmy can keep his truck they are basically no longer showering, no more laundry washed and the toilets are only flushed when absolutely necessary. OMG. These people. They are trying to make a claim on insurance. Can you imagine the insurance lady and the call? I mean they barely shower now (only Tim) and laundry can be done at a laundry mat which is what Tina's doing but I couldn't live with the smell. My gawd. I was going to crash on Tina's couch for the weekend i am there but now I'm staying at grandma's and I'm either going to be sleeping outside on a sun chair or sleeping on the floor but I'm good with that as the cesspool developing in the back yard is outstanding.

I got a fantastic deal on my flight which I'm happy about. My flight is non-stop from San Antonio to Phoenix for $167 on American Airlines of all things! My three day rental car is just $33. If I were to fly into Tucson and hope Tim or Tina remember to pick me up it would have been $457! I'm kinda relieved my flight is not on Southwest.

I've been thinking about the menu for Nan's party and I bought some really cute decorations I'm going to send with my tablecloths I plan to use for Nan's party via mail to Nan's house. I'm just going to store them there once the party's done and take them back when I drive out later after schools over to visit the Arizona nuts. I'm going with a fiesta theme. I think I'm getting stuck with the actual doing of the party too. It was my Aunt's idea and I thought she was going to have it catered but it's starting to look like I'm going to be doing it all once I get there.We will see. It is during Memorial Day weekend so family from everywhere will be there.

Why is nightly always so overwhelming negative about everything? Why wont reese ban me when Ive been begging her to for years?

I often wonder this too. I think nightly is so old that its tone and attitude are still mired in its early-internet roots. In 1999 the snark was fresh, and fandom was early in the days of being able to be heard and talk trash.

Negativity is passé now, and despite how much nightly has changed in 17 years, that tone has stayed consistant.

I called American Airlines and priced flying a well behaved cat in the cabin as I want to take Poot cat. I need to bring a cat to help through the fun times on Memorial Day weekend. My sister attempted suicide twice this week and it's hard being upbeat when I talk to Tina but as soon as school is out I may stay longer and need something warm and happy like Poot. She is so gooey lovey.

Thanks. She's in a mental hospital now. I actually completely understand where she's coming from. She should be getting out of the hospital in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping she's getting at least some group therapy and working with a therapist. I have yet to get through to talk to her by phone.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Laura Dern: At some angles, she is pretty. At other angles, she is pretty hideous.