Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

The damage to my car is incredibly minor, given that her entire passengers side front end was smashed in. But I got to spend several hours getting checked out. Pretty quickly reached a point where it hurt like heck to turn my head at all, so I went to the ER. They looked me over, took some x-rays and then diagnosed me with whiplash.

The woman also didn't stop to ask anything or have any info, but I got her license plate number.

So: super sucky morning followed by super awesome news this afternoon. I got a job, finally. And a good state job, not a crappy customer service job

Woo hoo! Congrats on your new job! Pretty sure the cops can find a smashed up car, especially with a plate #. Although if she left the scene she probably doesn't have insurance.

Tell me more about Sri Lanka, Jacen.

Any other pool owners out there? This is our second summer with a pool and our first with a bad algae problem. We have dumped in gallons and gallons of chemicals trying to fight it off. It's finally looking like we are gaining ground, but we learned that we need to open it at the first sign of good weather. We had a few freak days in the 80s in early May which apparently let it take hold. When we opened it last weekend it was a slimy mess. So gross!

Woo hoo! Congrats on your new job! Pretty sure the cops can find a smashed up car, especially with a plate #. Although if she left the scene she probably doesn't have insurance.

Tell me more about Sri Lanka, Jacen.

Any other pool owners out there? This is our second summer with a pool and our first with a bad algae problem. We have dumped in gallons and gallons of chemicals trying to fight it off. It's finally looking like we are gaining ground, but we learned that we need to open it at the first sign of good weather. We had a few freak days in the 80s in early May which apparently let it take hold. When we opened it last weekend it was a slimy mess. So gross!

They'll definitely be able to find her. If she doesn't have coverage, my uninsured motorist coverage will apply, which basically is treated like her insurance to pay my bills, then they go after her.

I dropped my collision coverage a year ago, so if my car does need any repairs, that will be the only way I'll get it covered unless she does have insurance.

aw man that sucks.

I became an Auntie for like the 20th time. So excited.

The electric company is going to install smart meters in my condo complex. I have mixed feeling about this. People who get these installed usually get higher bills because the meters are more accurate and there's no mistakes in reading the meters like the old spinning style I like. My bills are weird. In winter I pay the most for my electric bill - up in the $90 dollar range - while in the summer with the AC running all the time it runs about $40 a month. Springtime bills and fall are my best and average $30.

@ Cashmere: have you looked into hiring a pool service? Sometimes it helps because they're pros at this. Pools are a pain. They're a lot of daily care and work. My Mom gave up after she divorced my Dad and ours was algae ridden for years until we sold the house because she had no desire to make my brothers follow through with their pool chores or buy the chemicals. In the end it became a fish tank for carp. Texas is different though and we don't cover our pools at all.

I hate smart meters. Link and I are home all the time cause we work from home and our power company likes to compare our usage with our neighbors (both of my direct neighbors are Canadian vacation homes so their usage is shall we say much less). Freakin' APS.

@ Cashmere: have you looked into hiring a pool service? Sometimes it helps because they're pros at this. Pools are a pain. They're a lot of daily care and work. My Mom gave up after she divorced my Dad and ours was algae ridden for years until we sold the house because she had no desire to make my brothers follow through with their pool chores or buy the chemicals. In the end it became a fish tank for carp. Texas is different though and we don't cover our pools at all.

Congrats!

We hired someone to open it and close it last year, but we decided to strike out on our own this year. It's been a fun adventure so far. :)

I hate smart meters. Link and I are home all the time cause we work from home and our power company likes to compare our usage with our neighbors (both of my direct neighbors are Canadian vacation homes so their usage is shall we say much less). Freakin' APS.

That's what I'm afraid of. The unit next to me only is occupied maybe two weeks a year and the other one is snowbirds from Kansas who stay in the winter months. I have yet to turn on the air but I've had cats barfing a lot as they shed and the washer and dryer are running regularly.

Congrats!

We hired someone to open it and close it last year, but we decided to strike out on our own this year. It's been a fun adventure so far. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it. I would think brushing it every day would give me the best upper arm work out EVER.

• 2 weeks later...