Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Our temps are in the 90s this week. Already in March. Gods help us come July. The atmosphere is literally going to catch fire.

Carla, I think your signature is a tad outdated. Good to see you still around, though. :)

I am jealous of your weather! I haven't seen my signature in forever. I wonder if I can change it on mobile. I hope all is well for you!

I just got back from 4 days of sitting in a hospital ICU in Nebraska with the most toxic people I know. I'm emotionally exhausted and when I left, I felt like I was escaping prison with the cops hot on my trail. I always say I am the white sheep of my black sheep family, and I'm always walking on eggshells around them because they're all loaded grenades. I had to deal with 3 days of reassuring everyone that my mother wasn't brain dead and my uncle insisting she was in a persistive vegetative state because he's never seen her after a major event like this. Usually she's sedated to high heaven but they're much more aggressive about weaning her off of the ventilator since 10 years ago. My crazy aunt is going to sit vigil at her bedside until she's discharged and I know it's only going to result in her getting pissed off and bitter and probably unloading on me, as usual. I don't know why her family can't understand that I have 2 little kids and a job. I've completely exhausted my sick leave until May, I can't hang out for 2 weeks like I did in 2007 (and I seriously regretted that, because once she woke up she did nothing but swear at me because I'm a terrible lip reader and I refused to break her out).

Then again, if left to these crazy people's devices, she'd be dead. In the end, they told me that I really am the most rational one, and I'm good at not losing my shit at every alarm and beep, so its a good thing I'm medical power of attorney. When you live through this with your newborn, you can pretty much handle anything.

I just got back from 4 days of sitting in a hospital ICU in Nebraska with the most toxic people I know. I'm emotionally exhausted and when I left, I felt like I was escaping prison with the cops hot on my trail. I always say I am the white sheep of my black sheep family, and I'm always walking on eggshells around them because they're all loaded grenades. I had to deal with 3 days of reassuring everyone that my mother wasn't brain dead and my uncle insisting she was in a persistive vegetative state because he's never seen her after a major event like this. Usually she's sedated to high heaven but they're much more aggressive about weaning her off of the ventilator since 10 years ago. My crazy aunt is going to sit vigil at her bedside until she's discharged and I know it's only going to result in her getting pissed off and bitter and probably unloading on me, as usual. I don't know why her family can't understand that I have 2 little kids and a job. I've completely exhausted my sick leave until May, I can't hang out for 2 weeks like I did in 2007 (and I seriously regretted that, because once she woke up she did nothing but swear at me because I'm a terrible lip reader and I refused to break her out).

Then again, if left to these crazy people's devices, she'd be dead. In the end, they told me that I really am the most rational one, and I'm good at not losing my **** at every alarm and beep, so its a good thing I'm medical power of attorney. When you live through this with your newborn, you can pretty much handle anything.

OMG Huge hugs. Get some snuggles in with your kids. (when I get home I just want loving from my fur kids) I have never ever come back rested from a visit to the wackos in Tucson. The stress is unbelievable! Disfunctional families are why we end up with health issues!

Quick stop - using a VPN to get around the firewall here, but I don't want to risk it regularly.

Right now, we're out of income, so we've cut things pretty far back, including internet access at home. The Long Term Disability insurance company denied my initial claim, while simultaneously getting my job and my disability wrong, so they basically didn't review it at all. Gotta go through an appeals process and hope that they actually review it this time, which is a major pain. So unless that comes through or I get a job soon, I'm not going to be around for a while longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that as well.

I'm back, at least temporarily. The unemployment issue got fixed, but now I'm about to run out of it.

Fortunately I have mediation coming up with my former employer soon. I filed a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regarding their treatment of me, so we may get some financial compensation (ie back pay) from that. Probably wouldn't be a ton, but every little bit helps.

Thanks.

I also heard from my one friend at work. He's on leave now too, because they drove him past the breaking point. That means five people that I know of have been forced to leave or take a leave of absence because of mental health issues directly related to this company.

I am out for Good Friday and was walking around my complex. Last night someone moved out and a fancy leather copenhagen chair with a stool was left by the dumpster with a note that said free. This morning some dude was sitting in it reading the paper by the dumpster saying hi to people. Also my wood ducks have returned to my roof to quack at me and the Chimoy boy cats don't like it.