Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Schedules are uber helpful so hopefully getting back into a schedule will help. God help you at Christmas. My mom is a certified learning disorder teacher but it's changed so much since she last taught. My specialty right now is just teaching math! HA! I have a hard time with regular kid meltdowns. (I had a boy getting frustrated with a work sheet for time tables that he wadded it up and threw it at me). Home school can be a job in itself though.

I know so so many people who homeschool because their kid is on the spectrum and being in school just wasn't working. You are so not alone in this.

And honestly, at that age, 15 hours a week seems to be pretty standard. It doesn't matter what time of day the "schooling" happens.

I just wanna say thanks again for your input on this Reese, I really appreciated you taking the time to send me those links when I first posted about this on facebook. They have helped me kind of grasp where I am and what I want for him going forward. This school is a good option for now but I want to look into more customization down the road based on his interests and general skill.

My biggest concern is maintaining my drive to keep him on task, like you sad Spam it's a real job. My parents tried it with us when we were small and because they both worked I think they really struggled to keep it going. We were in and out of public school until I moved in with my grandparents. A couple of my siblings are very social too and it just plain didn't work for them. In contrast it was perfect for me cause I was a hopelessly awkward and studious child who had a hard time keeping focus during the long class day. My son is more like me and he loves his workbooks. The program I'm looking at is mostly book work with some online supplementary items for his age group. I was glad to see it wasn't pure online cause I don't think that would be really good at this point but either way I'll probably do a lot of side reading with him cause that's just a hobby of his in general. I'm leaning towards going forward with this option at this point. I was going to try to make it to the end of the year but since he's hit or miss at even going I don't want to end up knee jerk withdrawing him and not having any backup.

Guys, I'm totally jealous of my new friend Dayna's kids! She has the most awesome kids! Three girls. Elvira (pronounced El-veer-uh) is 2.5 and SO ****ing ADORABLE. She insists on wearing Star Wars t-shirts or her Ramones or Sublime t-shirts all the time! And she MUST wear her spaceship PJs to bed because her room is decorated in a space/math theme complete with Tsiolkovsky rocket equation painted on her wall. OH! And all she wanted for her last birthday was a tool bench for her tools (all real) so that's what she got! (She's totally Luke's bff right now.) Xaiden, 8, is so rock'n roll. And she's the one who beat Noah at the science fair last year. Super smart and really into computer science, programming, and electronics. The oldest, Camera, is 11 and also super-smart. She's studying 3 languages right now (Greek, Latin, and Italian) and she spends her time studying posing plus-sized women and then sketching them. She's very thin and pretty, not exactly the kind of girl you'd expect to be obsessed with drawing full-figured women. As a family they go to LGBT pride rallies and protests and geek out over Harry Potter and they're all just SO FRIGGIN COOL! I'm jealous!

UGH! I know it's free shipping but gawd, I WANT IT NOW. I ordered stuff on Cyber Monday with free shipping and they shipped them with that stupid Fed-Ex thing where they hand it off to the Post Office to finish delivery. If they'd just sent the stupid things with the USPS I'd probably have them by now. One was sitting in Ft. Stockton for 2 days and another is coming from WI and it's still intransit no scans.

• 2 weeks later...

A Rant

My aunt's best friend is a very close friend of the family. She's been a part of the family for over 20 years. We all love her dearly, but OH MY GOD. She's such a hypochondriac drama queen. A few years ago she had a heart attack and things have snowballed downhill from there. She's gotten so incredibly needy and whiny and holy **** is she always playing the victim! It's gotten to the point where she's using my aunt to wait on her 24/7. About a month ago, one of my cousins (my mom and aunt's first cousin whom they grew up with and are very close to) had a stroke. He's been in Johns Hopkins in Baltimore ever since. My aunt finally got the chance to go up there, leaving Margaret behind, and Margaret put herself in the hospital for the week. They admitted her for dehydration but were never able to find anything else wrong with her. Basically, it was just the last in a long series of attention seeking events. She's always complaining on Facebook about how nobody ever helps her (her mom had several strokes a few years ago and now lives with her full-time because she has no short-term memory anymore) when, in fact, my aunt is always doing everything for her, my cousins and I have "babysat" her mom for her so she could go on vacations (when she doesn't have a job, btw), and my sister and I have both paid for and prepared months of frozen meals for them so they could eat well (no money, none of them cook). AND she's at bar drinking and watching bands like 3 days a week. Actually, this past Saturday, barely a week since being discharged from the hospital, she spent the entire day on the lake with my aunt and a friend of theirs. I'm this****ingclose to exploding all over her. Mostly because I, personally, have helped her out in many ways (the "babysitting" and cooking, plus we paid $400+ once to fix her car, Trevor's fixed other minor issues several times, we've given her money to pay her bills, etc.) and I still have to see this **** on Facebook.

Linda Medrano Rodriguez Yes she's being admitted and I'm in Baltimore. I cannot help her or Pat out.

15542040_10211803923232193_1844209222762
Margaret Post Who you telling, Chuck?

15542040_10211803923232193_1844209222762
Margaret Post There is no one!! How many times....?

15542040_10211803923232193_1844209222762Margaret Post Nobody is coming. Hard ****ing pill to swallow.

15326483_10202489586598239_1085633041484
Linda Medrano Rodriguez Sorry, I forget......fkrs

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds awful.

As of tomorrow, I'm unemployed. Or, more correctly, fired. And the reason they couldn't give me a job that I'm very qualified for (a step down, actually) because it involves multitasking, which the letter from my nurse practitioner says I can't do.

The problem is, the letter doesn't say a damn thing about multitasking. Not a damn thing. So, yeah, just try a little. Try to make an argument based on facts. Or, not, because that'll help me in the end.

I finally got fired, and because there was a status change in my employment, my unemployment benefits have to be investigated again before I get paid.