Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I actually feel a little better just getting it out. I haven't talked to anyone about this, except Trevor and Noah. Not even my sister. Partially because I haven't had the time to sit down and really get into it, but also because really, who really wants to admit to feeling like a failure? I've already decided that next semester Noah is dropping something from our schedule, but I don't know what and I haven't talked to him about it.

*HUGS* Cerina. :( I'm sorry you're carrying the weight of the family on your shoulders and holy shit putting all the stuff in the yard you NEED for things to work out would make me absolutely neurotic. I hope you can come to some clarity on what to do about it all soon. Just *HUGS* Even if they are just magical virtual hugs, there can never be enough of them.

• 2 weeks later...

It was different, but I have used some Oral B electric brushes in the past, though most of them have been the relatively cheap battery powered ones. This one tickled my lips, which the others didn't, but this was easier for me to maneuver throughout my mouth, which is fantastic.

My dentist suggested last week that I get one of these because I've had all sorts of teeth problems related to a combination of years of not taking care of them as well as I should when I was younger (largely because of reasons related to a horrible gag reflex with some laziness) and inheriting my mother's teeth problems.

I have to go get some fillings and a crown in just a little bit. Fortunately, I will be getting nitrous oxide to help with that (especially since I was basically unable to sleep last night due to the election).

Any issues are worth it, even if you think they seem trivial.

My asshat employer has filed their third appeal of my unemployment benefits. Because they think the first two times they lost are going to somehow be overturned.

Gah, glad your daughter is okay Fozzie but ouch! I hope your old employer gets shot down, mine tried to deny paying some of my medical benefits from back when I was still working with them. Like the incident happened in January, I wasn't laid off until April. Corporate America is a bunch of dicks.

I have to make a tough decision about taking my youngest son out of public school soon I think. Logan is ASD and his peer pro they assigned him this year was really inexperienced and now I think it's tainted his desire to be there. I feel bad for her cause it's not easy dealing with him but at the same time many of the incidents she just made worse by not making an effort to understand him or distract him from what was making him upset. They moved her to the special needs class and gave him a new one he seems to like but it's still a horrendous fight to get him to go every day. Like drop to the floor bang his head while crying types of meltdowns which are heartbreaking to watch. My aunt recommended what looks to be a really awesome online charter school but their cutoff for the next semester is December 1st and I'm worried about my health limiting my ability to help him with his class work. My neurologist is convinced my back problems are a symptom of a larger arthritis issue that may be a lifelong problem. I do think I can sit with him at least to encourage him through his workbooks and online tasks most days but some days it's a struggle just to get out of bed. So Nate and I will just have to have a serious talk tomorrow (he's working 24 hours this weekend and is in no shape to make this kind of choice with me) and decide what we're going to do. God that was so much longer than I wanted it to be sorry.

Yeah it's really tough, I've talked to a couple parents in my area with kids who have similar issues, one took their son out while the other had great success there. My oldest son is also ASD and has been in public school the whole time without really any issue so you're right it's a very individual thing. Honestly the school has overall been really great, when they noticed she wasn't doing right by him they did talk to her but it didn't seem to help in the end. I just think his particular speech problems can be hard to understand. He seems generally "normal" just looking at him and in quick conversation so she may have expected him to have more normal reactions to things and when he didn't it was frustrating. He's just not great at saying what he wants and is really easily manipulated by suggestion since he likes to repeat things (he has pretty pronounced echolalia). Even with a college degree in this specifically I don't know that you'll ever be prepared for the meltdowns. Each type of meltdown has a unique flavor to it but if you know their interests the art of distraction can be really useful. Anyway I got him to school today with no fits or crying so hopefully he has a good day, he's a little under the weather though so he may be a bit touchy. Nate seems to be leaning toward it being entirely my decision, he's all for it overall as he wanted to homeschool him from the start.