Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

No bigger than Jack Sparrow's. But my bodice ripped (no, really). And the costume doesn't work without it.

I do have a little witch's hat fascinator that I could bring along and wear if the big hat is too much of a pain in the ass...

I also have about 32 other costumes, including "Your Mom's Bridesmaid," "80's Prom Date," and "Basic Dead Girl" which would require getting up balls early to do skeleton makeup...

No bigger than Jack Sparrow's. But my bodice ripped (no, really). And the costume doesn't work without it.

I do have a little witch's hat fascinator that I could bring along and wear if the big hat is too much of a pain in the ass...

I also have about 32 other costumes, including "Your Mom's Bridesmaid," "80's Prom Date," and "Basic Dead Girl" which would require getting up balls early to do skeleton makeup...

I find this arousing.

HAHAHA! Kids man. I've heard some things during parent teacher conferences. We have a counselor who advises parents to argue about things outside of the kids earshot because they pick up on everything. While you love your spouse and kids and stuff happens that you think it natural around spouses kids see it through the same weirdo filter they see everything else with because their filters are different.

In other news, I think you're a Awesome Dad.

Also, I think I've wasted pretty much my whole Saturday morning watching Luke Cage. The load of laundry I started at 7 AM is still in the washer waiting for me to put in the dryer not 20 feet from my very lazy ass.

Lyra just told Katie she thinks daddy would be happier without her and Eli, so basically I'm the worst father ever.

Louis went through a stage of screaming and crying every day when I came home. Like he was both petrified and heartbroken.

It lasted for like 3 weeks.

Today has been strange.

I put laundry on the porch to wash and forgot about it and went to bed. A heard a cat commotion late last night and a juvenile possum was stuck in my laundry basket.

I wrote a check to Macy's for $19.75 but the bill was for $19.79 (I don't know how this happened) and so I owe Macy's' .04 cents. They mailed me a bill.

My Mom is breaking her Revocable Trust that her dead husband set up with out her paying attention to details and because she screwed up my address I now have to print, notarize and Fedex by Friday some document saying that the trust is broken and I will have no claim on the estate. Ain't nobody got time for this. GAWD.

One of my coworkers, who remains anonymous but I have a good idea of who, dropped an advance copy of this new novel by a author we cover a lot at my desk at some point between when I left the office last night, and got in this morning.

And I really want to tweet at him about this, but a look at said author's website has NO mention that this book exists and is in the pipe.

wut do? Also, am I supposed to review this thing, or what? Do I have to give it back to the editor when I'm done with it, or has she finished it already? This is doing me a confuse.

Nah, you have no obligation to review an ARC, nor do you have to give it back.

Our blog gets finished copies of Star Wars books (used to get ARCs but they don't do them anymore, so now we receive finished copies prior to release date). We review them all mainly so they'll keep sending them to us, but it's not required that we do so. And to be honest, we'd review them even if we didn't get free copies.

That's the thing... these are the most heartstring pulling chick lit books you will ever read. We kinda have an in-joke going about them. I'm not sure if it's an assignment, or a "I want to hear your running commentary about the state of tooth decay you are experiencing as you read this book."

They're not bad. They're palatable as chick lit goes. I might have teared up a little at the last one. But holy cow are they saccharine. And people think it's hysterical that the resident Manic Pixie Goth Girl is reading them (I volunteered as Tribute).