Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I don't disagree that Kanye and Kim are garbage people responsible for a good chunk of the stupidification of today's youth and that being rich and famous despite being talentless is a travesty...

...but I'd rather see them fall due to their own hubris than the victims of violent crime.

We haven't had a major hurricane since 2004. We're overdue. Here's hoping it tracks further east, but doesn't look like it.

Yeah. I'm mapping it with the students during the day. Each morning they put pins in a map on the back of the classroom. It's kind of scary for them because in South Texas there's not a lot of weather related death so we've had some good talks about stuff. Plus learning. I remember Hurricane Andrew from when my parents lived in Valdosta and my older bro lived in the Cape Canaveral area.

Today after school I drove to China Grove (yes the one from that song) and looked at a tiny house on .2 of an acre and tried to talk myself out of selling and moving to the boonies. It's uber adorable and in a shitty neighborhood where I could pretty much do what I want and not be bothered and I could have chickens and GOATS!

So. My dad called me yesterday to tell me that his dad died. I never met his dad. He cheated on my grandma many MANY times and then took off when my dad was only 6. Both my dad and my grandmother hated the man. But now he's dead (I'd actually thought he died many years ago.) I'm not too sure what to say or do with this information. He was poor. Died alone in a bathtub. It took 2 days for someone to find him. Now Dad and Nana are going to his service tomorrow, and I actually had to tell my grandma not to spit on his grave (because I bet she would.)

Why is Nana going? I don't think anyone would blame her for not going.

I really hope my mother-in-law's place doesn't get trashed by this hurricane. They just finished a big renovation and hadn't gotten shutters for the addition.

Also glad I didn't take that job in Melbourne that was supposed to start on 8/22! If I ever move back the first thing I'm doing is getting shutters made if they don't already come with the house.

She's going to show respect for his family. And because my dad asked her to. He's going because, even though he hasn't seen the man in over 30 years, he's next-of-kin. My dad had to sign off for the cremation and submit the obituary to the paper (which he says he only did so it'll be searchable to future generations to link us all to this man.)

The entire situation is just...weird.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I had no idea that Chalup was from Bajor.

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.

But I had no idea MG was such a Kardashians fan.

I don't disagree that Kanye and Kim are garbage people responsible for a good chunk of the stupidification of today's youth and that being rich and famous despite being talentless is a travesty...

...but I'd rather see them fall due to their own hubris than the victims of violent crime.

Kinda why part of me would love to see this turn out to be some publicity stunt.
But when it comes to rich, self absorbed garbage people, I have no sympathy for them. Garbage people like Kim Kardashian and Kanye West who are worth hundreds of millions and have nothing better to do than stroke their own ego and spend $10 million on jewelry, instead of doing something good for people who live in 3rd world conditions don't deserve sympathy when they get robbed at gunpoint.
And I am not going to defend my opinion. Just something I feel and I know it's irrational and maybe even repugnant to some.

I really hope my mother-in-law's place doesn't get trashed by this hurricane. They just finished a big renovation and hadn't gotten shutters for the addition.

I was just coming in here to ask about your MIL. I hope she's safe. This storm is not going to be fun. My mom is at my house, as is my friend who lives in Rockledge. Thankfully I think my house will miss the brunt of it.

I hope that any of you in the path of the storm, including those with family/friends in the area, aren't too impacted by the storm. Despite my horrible joke previously, I certainly know they are no laughing matter, especially after having experienced a few, even though those were small storms in comparison.

I hope that the storm ends up continuing to take as easterly of an approach as possible so that it ends up being less over land.

I hope that any of you in the path of the storm, including those with family/friends in the area, aren't too impacted by the storm. Despite my horrible joke previously, I certainly know they are no laughing matter, especially after having experienced a few, even though those were small storms in comparison.

I hope that the storm ends up continuing to take as easterly of an approach as possible so that it ends up being less over land.

Thanks. It's going to be really bad. The news keeps saying "worse than Charley" and people were out of power for weeks after that hurricane. I hope my mom still has a roof left when she goes home.

My area is only supposed to have Tropical Storm weather, so I hope our power stays on. Either way, tomorrow is not going to be pretty.

Now Dad and Nana are going to his service tomorrow, and I actually had to tell my grandma not to spit on his grave (because I bet she would.)

I went to a family reunion last weekend, and most of the way down, my aunt (who married into this mess of a family) repeatedly told my uncle "don't you DARE say anything negative about your father (who died last Memorial Day), they all remember 'Uncle Dave' much differently than you do, and you'll just upset them and ruin the evening."

He held it together.

Anyway, don't blow away, Mara!

I was just coming in here to ask about your MIL. I hope she's safe. This storm is not going to be fun. My mom is at my house, as is my friend who lives in Rockledge. Thankfully I think my house will miss the brunt of it.

I think she'll be ok but she'll likely be without power for weeks because she's out in BFE. The new roof they put on required some crazy 6x24 beam. That thing isn't going anywhere. Mostly worried about the screen room, but even that thing is beefy compared to what used to qualify as a screen room.

Thanks. It's going to be really bad. The news keeps saying "worse than Charley" and people were out of power for weeks after that hurricane. I hope my mom still has a roof left when she goes home.

My area is only supposed to have Tropical Storm weather, so I hope our power stays on. Either way, tomorrow is not going to be pretty.

I'm glad to hear that you appear to be away from the worst of it. Hermine made a mess in Tallahassee earlier this fall despite being a small storm. Some friends I still have in that area were without power for almost a week due to trees falling over so many electric lines. I shudder to think what a storm like this one would do to that area.