Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

This week we had 3 people out, 2 on vacation and one for a month long emergency leave starting this week. So I've basically been doing my work and most of theirs, and I've fallen super behind and I just can't get caught up. My brain has stopped working and I can't concentrate at all, I've read the same file for the past hour and I have to keep re-reading because I just can't understand it or retain the information in it.

I guess I need to tell my supervisor, and it seems like this is the exact situation that will get me fired. And my boss is in a meeting, so I just have to wait.

I've had two neighbors die and I don't know when the hub-bub happened because I wasn't home or slept through it. I feel real bad for her cats. I swear though I can't have any more. I'm sick and tired of fleas, pee and scratches. I feed a bunch of strays and got a pee shot from some male cat before school. I didn't realize it because I live with cats whom I am forever cleaning after as well. My students told me on Monday when I came into class "EW, Meeese. You eh-stink."

Also, today has to be the day. HR isn't willing to even consider unpaid leave, they tell me that I have to do my job, my boss and I discussed the fact that I'm not doing my job acceptably, so there just can't be any other alternatives.

A few years back, one of my colleagues committed suicide apparently after one of her cats died. Her other cat was taken in by another of my colleagues, but this one couldn't take the cat with her when she moved and was trying to find a good home for it. I couldn't help because my dog probably wouldn't get along with it and because I think I have a bit of an allergy to cat hairs, but I really hope they found the cat a good, new owner.