Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Heck, at this point I'm hoping to get fired. I've decided I'm going to take some web development courses to refresh and update my skills, and change careers. So getting fired would be insanely helpful in making that happen sooner.

Employment law, specifically regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, isn't exactly a field that's overrun with attorneys, and most of the attorneys who do specialize in that field are pretty honest. But that doesn't mean they aren't willing to fight. And it doesn't mean I'm not willing to fight.

I have a pretty strong case regarding failure to accommodate, which I think can be argued to have exacerbated my disability and lead to lost wages and hospitalization. I made a pretty simple request on 6/13, and it was never even addressed. And now, as a result, I've also been given notice that basically if I screw up, I'm fired. The write up says they're giving me 30 days, but then it goes on to say that it doesn't guarantee employment for that 30 days, and if my performance doesn't improve or if there are any additional issues, I can be terminated. So, effectively, if someone calls and complains about something I've done, or if a note isn't entered with technical precision, I'll likely be on the street.

Fortunately, I've been paranoid about this and kept all the documentation possible, and my medical records are full of me talking about the stuff they're doing to me at work.

I looked at the guest list last night, thinking it would be a relatively quick endeavor. Then the page just kept scrolling further and further.

I'll have to go to one of these big cons at some point. I like the small one we get in my city, but it would be nice to get away to one of these.

Talked to an attorney today who specializes in this. He's going to draft a letter asking them to follow through on removing my probation and accommodating my move. Then he said we'll see what happens from there.

I'm just waiting for someone to stop by today to fire me. My boss is out of the office, but there are others here.

My dog just killed a little bunny. :(

He's a terrier, so I know this is what they do, but it was still distressing to walk out in the backyard to see why he wasn't coming in when I called him only to see the rabbit dangling from his mouth.

At least now I know why he's been hanging out by the shed for the past week.

That's not even taking into account having to pick up the bunny to put it in the dumpster. :no:

Ick. Disposing of mice that commit suicide in my pool is bad enough, but I'd be even more grossed out if it was something that my dog killed. Luckily Calli is a total wuss, so she's not killing anything anytime soon. My cat sometimes gets mice, but she's an indoor cat so those bastards deserve it for coming inside.

I got to take my son for a big birthday bike ride.

Otherwise, I got ignored a lot at work. Especially when I ask things like "why didn't I get paid?" My boss also didn't bring in birthday doughnuts like he does for everyone else.

And then when I got home, I locked my keys in my car with the lights on. By the time I got a locksmith, the battery was dead. So far 36 sucks.

But I did get delicious coconut cake.

Hope your birthday was awesome Cashmere! And I hope you get some sweet, sweet lovin' too