Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

MEASURE MINTS.

So, I'm in a rough situation with work. I've been off and on at work for a while, been in the hospital for a while, and finally released to go back. I've also requested a couple of different accommodations that would make it easier for me to do my job, or to transfer to another open position. The first, easiest one, was to review my work with my supervisor until I could get back into doing things well. He verbally agreed, and then promptly ignored the request. Now I've been written up for my work which has suffered as a result of a very real disability, but would've been much better had they followed my request, and they're not letting me return to work despite giving them an excuse from my medical provider, because it doesn't say that I can return without any limitations. Which they never require of anyone, until now.

For the job reassignment, they told me that it could take months to review, but I'll be fired on September 23 if I'm not working at that time. So they won't let me do my job because I can't do it 100% without an accommodation, and they're not going to process the accommodation prior to firing me.

So, basically, they know I have a disability on the mental health side of things, and they're ignoring my requests for ways to improve my situation. I'm at a point where I'm pretty sure they're just trying to get rid of me because of my health issues.

I filed a complaint with the EEOC. Just sent the paperwork. Also have been in touch with a couple of attorneys, but it seems that the EEOC charge has to come first.

I think they mean the details of the proposal. Where, how, ring pics, how many tears did you shed, etc.

Also measurements. Those are important.

The proposal doesn't make for the best story. We were just having a conversation about life and he asked. He hadn't planned on asking that night (he knew he was going to ask, just hadn't decided when) but it felt like the right time so he did!

We are in the process of picking out a ring right now! He didn't want to get me something I wouldn't like (I'm picky, and don't like diamonds) so we're probably going to end up with a garnet. I've already picked out his ring!

I didn't shed any tears, mostly because I only cry when I'm really really upset- I've never been a happy tears kinda person. I did laugh, though!

Also, the garnet is going to be 6mm in measurement ;)

That's such BS. I hope the repercussions are high. My husband's work has been really cool about his mental and physical health issues, except for his direct supervisor who has been a passive aggressive dick about it. I've told my husband that he needs to talk to HR about it if it escalates.

Interesting. My experience is almost the exact opposite. My boss is really nice, he just doesn't know how to deal with it and HR is awful.

That's such BS. I hope the repercussions are high. My husband's work has been really cool about his mental and physical health issues, except for his direct supervisor who has been a passive aggressive dick about it. I've told my husband that he needs to talk to HR about it if it escalates.

Interesting. My experience is almost the exact opposite. My boss is really nice, he just doesn't know how to deal with it and HR is awful.

Fozzie, so sorry to hear it's been such a problem. Thank you for getting help and advocating for yourself. If work fires you because they wouldn't accommodate your disability, you will certainly win your unemployment case. Then they have to pay you to not work at all. Seems like they should just suck it up and do the right thing for both your sake. Sounds like the first step they need to take is cleaning house in HR.

They won't even put into writing what they want from my doctor. I was told verbally by my boss and nobody from HR will answer my emails asking what they want.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it just keeps getting more and more obvious.

Speaking of them--

I thought I was dying this morning. My lower back was on fire-- it wasn't muscular. It was DEEPER.

I had a kidney stone 12-13 years ago and it reminded me of that. But different. Clearly my kidneys were failing me. And just when life was getting good.

Or

I'm now in my 40s and I can't on a whim decide to eat spicy tacos late at night... Which sucks because that's pretty much my favorite thing.