Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Your home is beautiful! I love the kitchen.

thanks!

That is a lovely house.

did you spot all the lightsabers?

No, but I want to know where you got that star light in your office.

Lamp: http://www.badiadesign.com

Lightsabers, pic after star lamp, right side.

I'd like to discuss the color co-ordinated stuff on the living room shelves and the 3 dots artwork things behind the live-edge dining table, please?

I gave you a linen closet and talked pillows. What more do you want?

Nightly on your work computer?

GET BACK TO WORK.

I DO WHAT I WANT.

How do all of you find time to put everything away AND decorate so soon after moving in? I've been in my house for almost 2 years and, while I have bought decorations, very few are up, and I have a room chock full of stuff to figure out where to put.

I can't relax with stuff in boxes. I feel so unsettled and uncomfortable, I always unpack fast. Not having a normal person day job and moving from six blocks away also helped.

I can't relax with stuff disorganized either. I took a week off work to move and we pretty much moved room by room, with the exception of the furniture which all got moved on the same day. Then it was easy to figure out where everything went. We've still got stuff in boxes, but it's mostly organized by room. I plan to have everything done next weekend. Last night I organized the office and it was the greatest feeling ever.

I just read this entire thread from its beginning. So much tragedy and good news and stuff. I don't post much on Nightly, mostly lurk, but it was cool to see what everyone has been doing in their lives. Also I will gladly pay someone to organize my house for me, since I don't seem to have the unclutter gene.

Example: I went out to get bagels this morning for the spouse and the spawn and me, and after I got my bag of carby goodness, I trotted into the grocery store next to the bagel shop for a couple of things. I'm walking down the aisle, and there's a lady standing there with her cart at an angle completely blocking the aisle while she is texting. I politely said "Excuse me, miss." She stands there, texting merrily. So I said "excuse me" again, and she looks at me, then goes back to her phone. So I said "Jesus, move your cart!" And she made this water buffalo snort, moved her cart, and said "Rude much?"

Ha, yeah. I live way outside the metro area, where the tornado actually hit, we never got more than a soaking rain. Damage even in the tornado's path was generally minimal, mostly trees and power lines, some building damage mostly due to trees, although one blueberry farm is a total loss. No injuries or deaths. Apparently everyone is conveniently forgetting that when traffic lights are out, you need to treat the intersection as a 4 way stop... but the barometric pressure drop gave me a migrane and a fibro flare, so I haven't been out since yesterday before the tornado.