Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I have a pool now.

Yay! I love having a pool in Pennsylvania. I bet it's even better in Florida!

We've been moving stuff over to the new house one room at a time and rewarding ourselves with swimming. Today I have to wait for the internet people so I'm going to read in the pool while I wait. :D

I have the Full House theme song stuck in my head

Whatever happened to predictability?

Everyone in Central Ohio says "go to Nationwide if you want to work in insurance" but I said "I'll take the huge raise and go to a smaller company"

And now I hate every day.

You might be surprised. Although I know Texas has had some awful weather the past couple year, so if you've had multiple weather claims, it probably will. We had our entire siding and roof replaced because of storm damage and our rate still went down.

USAA is a great company to have, less great to be involved with if you've been hit by someone with USAA.

And I can't keep up with my current job. It has really brought my bipolar to the forefront and has kept me from doing good work. Constant changes (4 desk moves in less than 6 months, procedure changes every week, frequently without even being told about them, much less how to do them) and an overwhelming workload. I'm thinking about requesting a reassignment in case the interview doesn't go well, or it takes a while to hear back.

I hate that with desk changes and constant policy change, Brando. Even without bipolar it is like extra stress. I try to keep everything the same in classroom procedure all week because kids adjust but it can create issues (I had an autistic kid last year).

When I was let go from my job with Cici's Pizza and went to work in a call center taking check orders (which is still do part-time) I was going to stick with it for two years so I could leverage my way into USAA as an entry trainee for insurance because they pay very very very well. The bi-annual bonus is crazy. People buy cars based on those bonuses. They'd pay for training and then you had to pass your exam and you could start taking insurance calls. But I went back to teaching. I went to a charter school which helped me with my issues concerning some teaching policies I hated. I still dream of owning my own restaurant and think about dishes and decorating but I also like a steady paycheck.

I just requested a job reassignment under the ADA. Basically now they have the option of giving me a different job or proving I'm not qualified. I am still trying to get something else entirely, but I can't keep doing what I'm doing.

I can't stop thinking that I bought one house in LA but apparently I could have bought a subdivision in Texas.

One is better for my life, but the other really would have worked for my starting a cult life goal.

I'll run your cult for you if you'd let me live there for free. And put in a pool.

The house I bought with my first ex-husband is now worth well over a million dollars. We bought it in '86 - ish for $86K and sold it for $176K in '93. They built a whole 'nother million-dollar home in its yard and cut off most of the original house's view and it's STILL worth a mil and a quarter. At the time, he whined about me filing for divorce, saying I was "killing (his) retirement". Turns out he was right.

I just requested a job reassignment under the ADA. Basically now they have the option of giving me a different job or proving I'm not qualified. I am still trying to get something else entirely, but I can't keep doing what I'm doing.

Good luck. I really hope they take it seriously and get you moved asap. Or even better that you get a new position somewhere else quickly. I hope you're looking back on this in life's rearview mirror very soon!

Thanks! I feel really good about both happening.

The head of HR personally called me at one point to ask what they could do to accommodate me, so that's a good sign. I sent a letter back when I first had to take time off. So either they really like me or they just want someone, and either way those are pretty good odds

With the new job interview, they skipped every pre-interview step, so either they REALLY liked my application or they're in serious need. The posting was only up for a few days, too.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I can't stop thinking that I bought one house in LA but apparently I could have bought a subdivision in Texas.

One is better for my life, but the other really would have worked for my starting a cult life goal.

I think there is still a slightly burned ranch compound at a rock bottom price in Waco.

I have a stomach bug that has kept me puking for days.

But I kept it in long enough to rock the interview. I'll be shocked if there's no offer, just comes down to salary.