Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

More stupid ****ing tornadoes. I think this is the third round this month? Like...really considering being done with Oklahoma or building a hobbit house.

heh. When I was driving back from Tucson there was a tornado chaser crew outside a Walmart in Ft Stockton and I wondered if a tornado in OK landed them there.

also, more hobbit houses should be built. I don't know why they don't as you wouldn't have to rush to the tornado safe places. You would already be there.

I want to go to PAX Prime someday. We also have an office in Tacoma, and there's a good chance I would move there if I wanted to get into management.

Better there than Atlanta (traffic) or Dallas (heat stroke).

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of a crappy nursing home, admittedly. And her complaints were actually valid. I think that management either doesn't want to fix the issue (lazy, and quite frankly, mean staff), or knows they can't, so they're removing their liability. All they have to do is claim that they are unable to provide an appropriate level of care for her.

The bottom line is that my mom is a pain in the ass and drives everyone away from her with her lousy attitude. I hope she realizes it's really gotten her into trouble. I told her earlier that this is why I didn't want to put her into an adult family home out here. With less staff, the more likely they are to get tired of her crap because they never get a break from her.

It's probably multi-faceted. We always called them on their BS, I think other people just accept this sort of stuff. Since they are in a rural location, they had to pay a speech therapist to drive out there 3x a week, so it was costing them money. I think they realized she was a loss and a liability, so better to get rid of her. She is back at the hospital for the 3rd time since April, so it's obvious they're going to kill her with their current level of care.

I don't think all nursing homes are the same. We kind of knew going in that this was a less desirable one, but it was the only one in the area that would take her because of her medicare/medicaid status. I'm trying to get her moved out here but I wanted to get her medicaid qualified first so that we didn't have to pay out of pocket here, where it's significantly more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Seth I'm genuinely angry at your friends who think reclining on an airplane is okay. Every time I think about it I wanna punch.

Yeah, but the airline companies....personal space.....uh.....product of their environment!