Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Mines due to a cat who cries ENDLESSLY to be let out. Plus anxiety over what to do about my car. Tonight maybe better. Call from the dealership says it was a switch and not the transmission and it is only 481$. I can pick it up later today. Toyota for life, baby. This is the only mechanical issue I've had besides the battery. *knock on desk because it's made of wood*

Is it ever ok to ask your sister when she's just going to bite the bullet and divorce her husband?

Already?!?!

It was inevitable. She dumped him twice while they were engaged! He keeps her placated with vacations and trips, but I don't think she's aware of this. For example, the conversation we had last night:

Haha. Ok. But I'm not sure if we will even be having kids anytime soon.
1013295_10152702698957095_56965385264170
Sam is kinda over the idea. Or finally realized that that time is here and he still doesn't want a kid.
well wtf
He did it well though.
We went to Disneyland and he talked about waiting until we could apply for health insurance and then subtly talked about how we could do more trips and vacations without a kid. And then agreed to go on a vacation in January
So we are doing a cruise with Travis and Tiffany in January. And we are talking about not being in the states next Christmas.
He did it well.
huh

She's been counting down the days until she could have her IUD thingy taken out so they could start trying to have a kid. They've been planning this for over a year now.

But even when they fight (and MAN have they had some doozies lately) he takes her away for a day or two, and she drops it.

IUD? Ewwwww I didn't think women still used those. Can't she just use the pill?

Actually, there's a big push for those now. Women are pretty lousy at taking the pill at the same time every day, and they last for 5-10 years, depending on whether its hormonal or copper wire.

Some medical group came out recently recommending them for teenage girls instead of the pill. Personally, I don't think that's all that smart because they don't protect against STDs like condoms, but I'm not a medical professional.

She got this thing when she was 16, I think. Maybe 17. She's only ever been with the one guy, but my dad made her get the IUD back then.

I soooo want one. Apparently she hasn't had a period in over 5 years (until recently). I want this. I want this more than anything. I want this more than my husband wants another kid, or at least that's what I'm trying to convince him. Apparently God doesn't want us to have another kid. It's been about 4 years now with no contraceptives at all.

She's dramatic in general. But yes, 22.

I'm relieved about the baby thing. He also treats her like his employee. They started their own sound company...I mean "company". They haven't done anything to make the company a separate entity from them. And now they have $200K in debt, mostly for the company, because he keeps buying equipment they don't need to take on jobs they're not big enough to handle. He'll send her off to do jobs she doesn't want to do without telling her how much or even if they're being paid for it. She's had to turn down a bunch of work of her own or cancel her own gigs to cover things just because he volunteered her for them.

It's a whole thing. I get weekly phone calls from her that vary back and forth between extreme anger and uncontrollable tears. But then he surprises her with a trip to California for 2 days and all is well. :rolleyes:

My IUDs had no effect on my periods, they just kept me from reproducing.

Not having periods is ****ing fantastic, I just wish it didn't go along with the other crap that is menopause,

Why eeeyew for an IUD?

ALSO, back to the sleep thing, is everyone else waking in the middle of dreams more often since the time change?

I think it depends on the type of IUD you get- my sister got the kind with hormones and hasn't had a period since.

I can't do the pill- I've tried four different brands and each one makes me have a two week long period. two weeks on, two weeks off. Eff that noise.