Bones

• 9 months later...

This season has been enjoyable for me because the dialogue has been especially sharp. I was actually interested in another Temperance writing a story or someone was hit on the head style trip down the rabbit hole episode, but omg this thing was bad... and now that I think about it they didn't even try to tie it in to the series proper.

I find that I have a morbid curiosity

1) is that super annoying bitch still their boss?

2) are they stilldoing the stupid multiple intern thing or did they finally pic 1 assistant?

3) is that moronic psychiatrist still part of the show?

4) does Booth's entire investigative arsenal consist of blindly accusing every person who crosses his path until somebody confesses?

it's funny- I've been watching Bones sporadically on Netflix. it got bad pretty quickly, but I think we were anesthetized to it or something because we were watching it ep by ep. I can honestly say that I only really like the first two seasons, and then there are giant chunks of episodes that I will just skip after that. They really did the wrong thing when they had the first intern turn into a serial killer assistant.

Also, Brennan is an interesting, charming, if socially awkward person in the first season and then she slowly morphs into this robot caricature of herself over time.

1) is that super annoying bitch still their boss?

Yes

2) are they stilldoing the stupid multiple intern thing or did they finally pic 1 assistant?

Still multiple assistants, however at this point their individual stories are often more interesting than the main cast.

3) is that moronic psychiatrist still part of the show?

No, but Sweets became a bright spot for the show as he evolved into a consistent, charming and capable character. All that growth and familarity made his depature from the show more painful to witness.

4) does Booth's entire investigative arsenal consist of blindly accusing every person who crosses his path until somebody confesses?

Yes and when that doesn't work he shoots them. While Sweets got better Booth got dumber (but arguably more badass at times), sadly the peak of this was last season's arc which carried over to the begining of this season. That arc had holes the size of the Titanic in it, but Sweets again was a bright spot... also at least we were treated to the most badass action scenes for Booth ever. Hopefully my memory isn't rosey here, but I would swear Booth and Bones had some serious badass moments during that otherwise gaping holed plot.

Essentially the series sporadically drizzles out great moments like a fisherman desperately trying to bait a prized fish. Meanwhile, like fishing, the show is tedious to watch.

1) is that super annoying bitch still their boss? Yes. I don't find her annoying or bitchy so much as "not nearly as good as the first admin." I think Copper is right that the audience is kinda anesthetized to the growing badness if they stick with the show week-by-week. For me, she's only terrible if the memory of old admin is still fresh in mah brains.

2) are they stilldoing the stupid multiple intern thing or did they finally pic 1 assistant? Last time I watched, there was a southern guy, half hick/half know-it-all. Super annoying. I think he was the only one, and I think this was either early this season or a last season rerun.

3) is that moronic psychiatrist still part of the show? I think he left. Will not miss him.

4) does Booth's entire investigative arsenal consist of blindly accusing every person who crosses his path until somebody confesses? Hahahaha! Too true...

it's funny- I've been watching Bones sporadically on Netflix. it got bad pretty quickly, but I think we were anesthetized to it or something because we were watching it ep by ep. I can honestly say that I only really like the first two seasons, and then there are giant chunks of episodes that I will just skip after that. They really did the wrong thing when they had the first intern turn into a serial killer assistant.

Also, Brennan is an interesting, charming, if socially awkward person in the first season and then she slowly morphs into this robot caricature of herself over time.

That's one of my pet peeves. I hate it when writers get lazy and start defining a character by their tics. I couldn't agree with you more on Brennan becoming less and less interesting and more and more of a caricature as time goes on. Bummer!

My morbid curiosity comes from the fact that I so rarely bail on a TV series I've invested more than one season in. Once I've stuck it out for a couple seasons I pretty much watch no matter what. Which is the only reason I finished Heroes, Sliders, and the X-Files. A show has to get REALLY bad before I pull the plug. Bones is one of the few that ever got that bad, especially remarkable since I've stuck it out for four full seasons. I got annoyed when they replaced the first boss, whom I really liked, with a smart assed, weight throwing, power tripping, douchebag of a bitch. From there it was all downhill. It does sound like it got even worse from there so I did totally do the right thing in bailing. That makes me feel justified. LOL

I'm right there with you, ShadowDog. Season 1 was great, season 2 was still pretty okay, season 3 may have been decent, it's hard to know if the strike made them have to completely change track or not, but the writing was incredibly sloppy. By the middle of season 4, things had gotten so bad that I was out. I didn't even realize it was still on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.