Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Worst Superheroes?

42 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts
The Ant-Man thread made me start to think: who is the worst superhero? I mean, the most ridiculously bad. I'm not really into comics, so I can't offer much beyond what Wikipedia and Google can tell me, but I have a suggestion.

For your consideration:

Extraño - An openly gay magician who referred to himself as Auntie and got HIV from an "AIDS vampire."
  • Good God a Bear +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I think there are too many characters available for consideration. I'm going to limit myself, using a baseball analogy, to the in field and forget about the bench.

I'll nominate The X-Men's Angel.

What's his deal? He has wings. That's it. He's a super rich, super model faced dude, with wings, flies and what does he do with that? He cries all the time because he's a mutant. What else does he got? Hey, Angel, you go up there and draw fire away from us. Thanks, dude.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

The Ant-Man thread made me start to think: who is the worst superhero? I mean, the most ridiculously bad. I'm not really into comics, so I can't offer much beyond what Wikipedia and Google can tell me, but I have a suggestion.

For your consideration:

Extraño - An openly gay magician who referred to himself as Auntie and got HIV from an "AIDS vampire."

Dude-- you don't walk into a room, ask people if they want to play poker, then lay down a royal flush as soon as they pull up their seats!

• NumberSix, The Human Torch, Jacen123 and 6 others like this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts
There's gotta be something worse. I mean, there's a guy who's superpower is a detachable arm.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yeah I'm with Tank, that's gonna be hard to beat. LOL

I do have to put forth Batgirl. She seems pretty superfluous to me. I know she's not a winning hand but still ...

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts
Batman is actually pretty horrible, if you think about it. His superpowers are money and sadness.
  • The Human Torch, Darth Krawlie and Good God a Bear +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts
And what about Zan from Superfriends? Dude's superpower was that he could turn into a puddle of water or some ice cubes. "I'll make your feet wet, evildoer!"
  • Ryn +1 this

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

But...but what about the Justice League movie?!? I mean, just imagine how awesome they would be in live action...

e1ab72b9b5f1523b24dcf83e296d63a5-superhe

Now, tell me you don't want to see that in hi-res 3-D at IMAX!!!

"Form of...an ice dildo!!!"

• Ryn +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,736 posts

I always had a soft spot for the Fabulous Frog-Man, but he's not the worst bad superhero, so pretend I didn't mention him.

I do have to put forth Batgirl. She seems pretty superfluous to me. I know she's not a winning hand but still ...

Half of Tumblr's at the door, and they don't look happy with you at all.

• Ryn +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,048 posts

The great blog Armagideon Time has been documenting the world's worst superheroes (well, more charitably, the world's not-best superheroes) since '09 in his regular "Nobody's Favorites" section . Here is the very first one (about a particularly badly costumed distaff member of The Outsiders) and here is the start of this category's 21 (!) pages of entries.

• Ryn +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,213 posts

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought of Aquaman. Then I read what Fozzie put and I realised aquaman is pretty ace compared to that so.... Im at a loss. 

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
Any hero created by Rob Liefeld, just on general principle.
  • NumberSix, Jacen123, Ryn and 1 other +1 this

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
Stone Boy from the Legion of Substitute Heroes. His power is that he turns into an inanimate stone statue.
  • Ryn +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
That would be a good power to have if you're stuck in the elevator with someone who won't shut the Hell up about The Wire
  • Mercury +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
It would also make you the champion of Doctor Who cosplay, Don't Blink!
  • Mercury +1 this

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,797 posts
I say aquaman because a couple of family guy episodes imply it. Family guy is right on pretty much everything.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,328 posts

Not from a comic book, but from the tv show Misfits...

Edited by Iceman, 23 February 2014 - 11:33 AM.

• The Human Torch +1 this

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts

I say aquaman because a couple of family guy episodes imply it. Family guy is right on pretty much everything.

Nah, dude. Aquaman is actually pretty badass.

3295877-2330672-img_00215.jpg

3266059-9398241392-shark.jpg

motivator7ef323f4a9b05e2258179124ef6685a

aquaman-1-blood.jpg

Fa1G9Bp.png

aquaman-3.jpg

He's actually one of the BEST superheroes. Screw Family Guy.

• David +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, the 3 times a decade crimes happen in the water, Auqaman is a total badass.

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts

Yeah, the 3 times a decade crimes happen in the water, Auqaman is a total badass.

Aquaman's powers function perfectly fine outside of the ocean. Why do people assume he only resides there? Controlling marine life is only one of the things he can do. Other than that, he's bulletproof, super strong, can leap great distances, and he's a formidable leader. He's king of 75% of the planet. I'd say that's pretty badass. He doesn't just "fight crime." Time and again, he's defended the entire planet against alien threats, right alongside the rest of the Justice League. At any rate, he's hardly one of the worst superheroes.

Edited by Mercury, 23 February 2014 - 03:28 PM.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,797 posts

Nah, dude. Aquaman is actually pretty badass.

3295877-2330672-img_00215.jpg

3266059-9398241392-shark.jpg

motivator7ef323f4a9b05e2258179124ef6685a

aquaman-1-blood.jpg

Fa1G9Bp.png

aquaman-3.jpg

He's actually one of the BEST superheroes. Screw Family Guy.

my comment wasn't really meant to be taken seriously. but those are some bad ass pics.

• Mercury +1 this

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
I know. I gotta defend Aquaman, though. He's gotten an unfair rap over the years.
  • The Maker, Ryn, Iceman and 1 other +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,662 posts

I know. I gotta defend Aquaman, though. He's gotten an unfair rap over the years.

It's because 95% of the public sees him as this.

tumblr_lg7yurgaos1qbxnc9.jpg

But even I have to admit he is far from the worst.  Take Jubilee, for example.  Fireworks from fingertips are her superpowers.  I mean, she is so lame, they had to turn her into a vampire to make her remotely interesting.

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts

It's because 95% of the public sees him as this.
tumblr_lg7yurgaos1qbxnc9.jpg

But even I have to admit he is far from the worst.  Take Jubilee, for example.  Fireworks from fingertips are her superpowers.  I mean, she is so lame, they had to turn her into a vampire to make her remotely interesting.

I like Jubilee, simply because of her father/daughter type of relationship with Wolverine. Her powers are kind of dumb, I agree. It's all in the writing, though. I loved her during the Chris Claremont X-Men days. She was the perfect antidote to the ultra-serious "X-treme" superhero comics of the time.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I'm gonna go with Robin. Robin is so old that we've forgotten how bad he is. He's the original Wonder Twins, a lame proxy to damper the coolness of the main character in order to sell comic books.

Edited by Tex, 24 February 2014 - 12:30 AM.

Reply to this topic