Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy

131 replies to this topic

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,046 posts
Is it weird that the two most famous (marginally, I suppose) actors in this movie are both just voicing CGI characters instead of appearing in person? Yeah. It seems weird to me.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,734 posts

It's a testimony to Marvel's movie execs that they didn't insist Bradley Cooper and Chris Pratt swap roles.

• The Maker and David +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
That's not surprising given that Cooper and Diesel both probably worked for a couple days while Pratt was there for over a month. Voices are a lot cheaper to rent than full bodies.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,791 posts
I love the forty year old songs. It's. Just. So. ****ing. Cheesy.

PartOfTheProblem

PartOfTheProblem

• New Members
  • 9 posts

If this movie is nothing more than silly explosions/exposition set to one hit 60's/70's tunes then definately count me in on opening day

• Ryn and David +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,256 posts

Josh Brolin to play Thanos?

I know it's Latino Review, but still.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I know it'd probably just be a voice but the moment I heard the news I thought, "He does kinda look like him." lol

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 28,534 posts

And, via The Superficial:
Spoiler

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Cannibalistic Tendencies

• Supporters
  • 8,526 posts

I fear this movie, because I don't understand this movie.

• R.CAllen +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,046 posts

Don't be afraid! It's actually very easy to understand. Cruella de Vil and Dr. Steve Brule are sending two-and-a-half aliens, a tree, and a raccoon to save the universe from a purple man with a broken chin who is planning to use magic rocks for evil. Simple simple.

• David +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Why isn't the Nova Corp sending in Nova?

I'M JUST ASKING. I'm still excited for it.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 28,534 posts

Nova's appearance is post-credits?

Or.... It's a "Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul/John Harrison/Khan" feint and John C. Reilly's Rhomann Dey is really Richard Rider.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Rumors yesterday said Nathan Fillion is Rider. Rumors today say it's not true-- but he does have a cameo. You don't Nathan Fillion up the joint for nothing...

• Ryn +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I'm more interested in Adam Warlock after seeing his cocoon, damnit.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

Fillion as Warlock could be neat. I think I could dig an aloof smarmy Adam Warlock, if played to Fillion's persona strengths.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,734 posts

Rumors yesterday said Nathan Fillion is Rider. Rumors today say it's not true-- but he does have a cameo. You don't Nathan Fillion up the joint for nothing...

Could just be comic relief, like he was in Much Ado About Nothing

Or! OR!  Maybe he plays a fun 'n' lively ROM, Spaceknight.  That'd be different.  I can dream.

• The Human Torch, Jacen123 and Ryn +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Dream on, Mattel is never letting Rom go.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 28,534 posts
ROM + Fillion = AWESOME! Kickstarter this **** NOW!

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,046 posts

Fingers crossed for Ego the Living Planet.

• Brett +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,734 posts

And Chris Pine as Quasar!

Doze

Doze

• Members
  • 2,640 posts
Guardians of the Galaxy Style Star Wars trailer

• The Human Torch +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
That is neato, but once the end title card showed "Disney's Star Wars" it sorta became passive aggressive. That felt like a dig.

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Unpaid Disney Shill

• Members
  • 34,732 posts

That is neato, but once the end title card showed "Disney's Star Wars" it sorta became passive aggressive. That felt like a dig.

How? Marvel is Disney, Star Wars is Disney. I thought it was hilarious. And I'd go see that movie immediately. 

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The act of switching up the old, editing it fast, heightening the humor (obviously matching Guardians DUH) but then combined with the sudden appearance of the cartoony classic signature of Disney over the Star Wars title. It felt like a dig at Disney.

That form of title card is only used in Disney's kiddy franchises and for things like Hercules etc. to differentiate from other public domain properties. Otherwise it's the " Magic Kingdom" Walt Disney Studio splash card and then normal credits. It's the way it was used that implied a passive aggressive dig.

Just my opinion. Probably wrong, but I am a master of passive aggressive behavior and that's how I would have done it.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 28,534 posts
Wow, that's reading a lot into I think. Then again, I thought the recut trailer was just okay.

Reply to this topic