Guardians of the Galaxy

Exodus

Guest PartOfTheProblem

If this movie is nothing more than silly explosions/exposition set to one hit 60's/70's tunes then definately count me in on opening day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't be afraid! It's actually very easy to understand. Cruella de Vil and Dr. Steve Brule are sending two-and-a-half aliens, a tree, and a raccoon to save the universe from a purple man with a broken chin who is planning to use magic rocks for evil. Simple simple.

Rumors yesterday said Nathan Fillion is Rider. Rumors today say it's not true-- but he does have a cameo. You don't Nathan Fillion up the joint for nothing...

Could just be comic relief, like he was in Much Ado About Nothing.

Or! OR! Maybe he plays a fun 'n' lively ROM, Spaceknight. That'd be different. I can dream.

The act of switching up the old, editing it fast, heightening the humor (obviously matching Guardians DUH) but then combined with the sudden appearance of the cartoony classic signature of Disney over the Star Wars title. It felt like a dig at Disney.

That form of title card is only used in Disney's kiddy franchises and for things like Hercules etc. to differentiate from other public domain properties. Otherwise it's the " Magic Kingdom" Walt Disney Studio splash card and then normal credits. It's the way it was used that implied a passive aggressive dig.

Just my opinion. Probably wrong, but I am a master of passive aggressive behavior and that's how I would have done it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.