Guardians of the Galaxy

Exodus

I just finally saw it today. Various obligations kept me from getting to the theater before now, which is strange for me since this was the movie I was most looking forward to this summer, but I loved it. I found myself with a huge grin on my face quite often throughout the movie. It was just so much fun.

I loved all of the main characters and I think they did a great job with each of them. Never would I have thought that Reverend D-Von's Deacon Batista would do such a great job in a movie!

I also loved seeing Cosmo! Howard the Duck was also a nice addition, too!

Saw it for the 3rd time last night, 2nd time with my son. What a terrific movie. The more I watch it, the more I'm leaning towards Bautista's character being my favorite. Really looking forward to the sequel, I'm sure there will be a lot of focus on the characters back stories.

And Bautista's delivery kills me:

Rocket Raccoon: [about Drax] Metaphors go over his head.

Drax the Destroyer: NOTHING goes over my head!... My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

Gamora: You don't get to ask questions after the nonsense you pulled on Knowhere!

Drax the Destroyer: I just saved Quill!

Peter Quill: We've already established that you destroying the ship I'm on is not saving me!

Drax the Destroyer: When did we establish that?

Peter Quill: Like three seconds ago!

Drax the Destroyer: Well I wasn't listening then, I was thinking of something else...

What ever happened to the Aether infinity stone from Thor 2 now that Collector's place is toast ?

I wondered briefly if the timeline placed GotG after Thor 2 or before it. But then I think it's supposed to be a given that all of the MCU films are in sequential order by release date, no? A further hint, if one were needed, could be that The Collector's pink girl assistant from the Thor 2 scene was the predecessor of his pink girl assistant in GotG, but I could be wrong on that, those pink girl assistants all look the same to me (is that racist?)

But I agree with Cerina and Krawlie...there are many possibilities. (Maybe he gave it to Thanos already?)

Honestly, I'm everyday surprised how well it's been received. 8.6 at IMDb. Unbelievable.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Takes Down Captain America 2 To Become 2014's Biggest Domestic Hit

I did really enjoy this film. I expected to, so it wasn't at all a surprise. However, when we were walking out of the theatre a few weeks ago, my non-comic loving wife says, "I really liked that movie. I didn't think I would, but it was really good". Hopefully, we'll go see it again when it hits the budget cinema.

I was a little disappointed in Cosmo, to be honest. I mean, all he really seemed to be was a regular dog dressed up. Just running around, licking faces. Why did he do that, anyway? The Collector held him captive and he not only stuck around, but he's licking his face? Certainly made him seem like a regular dog. At least Howard the Duck apparently stuck around to gloat.

I was also a little disappointed that they kept trying to "girlie up" Gamora. Strong women don't need to be "feminized". She could have just been, y'know, a strong woman. That doesn't make her unfeminine. Otherwise, I thought she did a great job. I was a little skeptical when I heard who was playing Drax, but he did a nice job, as well. (Though I still wish they had kept to the comics' distinct red marks, instead of the mottled, skin rash-looking tattoos they went with). I had been even more skeptical of Rocket, but my fears that they would make too goofy or overly comical (y'know, pander to the younger crowd, sort of like a little furry Jar Jar) were unfounded in the end.

Groot was awesome all around, though I could have lived without his very last scene - if it didn't make my 6yo laugh so hard, that is.

I wish that Dancing Baby Groot wasn't all over Facebook within minutes of the movie being released. I might have liked it more if I didn't already know about it.

You know, now that I've had a month to let this movie soak in, can I just take a minute to gush about it?

This movie is an absolute gamechanger. I still can't believe how ridiculously good it is, and how much this kind of moves the whole playing field for not only comic movies, but sci-fi and adventure movies in general. It's been an extremely long time since I've had a movie stick around with me and make me even fonder of it as it ages like this.

i can't remember if it was here that it was discussed, or rumblings on the internet, but i recall people being annoyed by the soundtrack in the previews. i was one of them. but since watching the movie, i think the soundtrack was one of the many great things about the movie. the way they used the songs in comedic fashion during certain parts of the movie was fantastic. so much to love about this movie. i'd like to possibly see it a 4th time. that's ridiculous for me. the last movie i recall watching more than once in a movie theater was the hangover.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.