Guardians of the Galaxy

Exodus

Guys... it was just an offhand thought I had and posted, then was prompted to explain. I'm not wringing my hands over it. Not damning the maker.

It just reminds me of the digs on Disney that some DeviantArtists publish. Everything felt valid, honest even until that cartoon "Disney's" font popped up.

Yep. I visit it about once a week. Some neat stuff there. If you visit without logging in the default searching is supposed to be SFW, but it's not like every submitted work is reviewed prior to the public so fair warning. Without the SFW filter, btw... umm, yeah... I know art is subjective but certain things are "you know it when you see it". LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Rocket usually seems to understand him best in the comics, while the others may get the general gist of emotion, urgency, and such.

Of course, Rocket could also be completely making up Groot's half of the conversation, which isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility with Rocket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I saw this today and we both thought it was fantastic. I would say that it's probably my favorite Marvel film thus far. That being said, I don't keep up with any of the comics. So I don't have any of that swaying my opinion.

A lot of people are liking Rocket the best, but I thought Quill was the best. Rocket and Groot with honorable mentions. Groot gave me a real Chewie-type feeling. Thought Gamora fell a little bit flat and wasn't clearly defined as well as the other characters. But I'm willing to overlook nearly anything for Zoe Saldana. Loved the humor through out the movie. Really fit in with the ridiculousness of the whole thing. There were still enough serious moments to keep me invested.

Also. Kevin Bacon. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen it.

Although basing my opinion on similar films at that rating then anything sexually mature would be done in a way a child would have little to no ability to comprehend. Violence on the other hand could be rampant, but usually with minimal gore. Cursing might be an issue.

Avengers was PG-13 and by the same studio, so that should probably be a fair basis for comparison.

I'm letting my 4yo, 9yo and 16yo go see it with their grandparents based on my movie watching experience.

Pg-13. I get that. But is it a soft pg-13? My son is enamored with it, and he's 4, and so am I, of course. Wondering if it's soft enough that I can take him to see it and not really question it afterwards.

There's a couple swears but no f-bombs (that I recall).

I enjoyed it, though I wanted more of every character. There's so many great characters that I think many got short-changed to keep the story moving.

Especially the villains. Analogous to Star Wars, Nebula was Fett; Ronan, Vader; Thanos, the Emperor.

Just off the top of my head, I'd rather the movie didn't resolve the way it did and have an impudent powered-up Ronan face off with Thanos in the next installment. At least a three-way battle royale with our heroes. The Guardians could have merely thwarted Ronan's attack on Xandar, sending him spinning off into space, and realize their bigger importance in the universe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.