2014 NFL Season.

Ms. Spam

Yet another wasted draft pick in the twilight of Brady's career. What in the hell are they doing drafting a backup quarterback in the 2nd round?

I absolutely hate our first draft pick. I don't see the point. Grigson has a terrible track record of evaluating offensive line talent. Coupled with the fact that this guy is going to play guard most likely which is the least important position on the field. Oh and also the defense is devoid of talent for the most part.

I'm diggin' the Donte Moncrief pick though.

Well I said I wanted an offensive lineman in the first and a defensive in the 2nd, the Giants took them in the 2nd and 3rd.

The more I think about the Beckham pick the more I like it. So that's either me legit coming around or me wanting to come around. The main thing is that hopefully this will allow Cruz to play in the slot. In the slot he's one of the 2 best in the league, along with Welker. On the outside he is merely good. So hopefully we can have Beckham and Randle outside and Cruz in the slot.

They took the OL in the 2nd round with Scrooge McDuck's old rival "Weston Richburg". Don't know much about him, but the fact that they took a center makes me think they want to give Beatty a shot at LT again. He played well in 2012 and poorly in 2013, so hopefully he will bounce back. This kid could possibly start at C right away.

• 3 months later...

Sigh. Gamevet. Sigh.

I have a bad feeling about this year.

Yeah, this defense could go down as the worst in NFL history. I'm just hoping that the Cowboys use a very efficient running game, with timely passing to keep the offense on the field for very long drives. The Pats have been doing it for years, with a very mediocre defense and an efficient offense that ran a lot of time off of the clock. We'll see how that works out against the 49'ers this weekend.

Is anyone else barely containing a happy dance at all moments at this point? I am SO excited for NFL season to get into full swing. I think I like it at least 3 times as much now that I'm playing fantasy, but I just love having games on all day on Sunday.

Sadly, I can't watch any except the late game tomorrow due to other commitments, but just knowing they're happening will keep me in great spirits. Yay, football!

I question that 1st fumble; Murray looked like he was on his knees when the ball was stripped.

Romo was pressing and throwing into double and triple coverage; he should have just thrown it away, or threw it to his check down. He settled down a little in the 2nd half, but did make some Favre like long passes that could have gone south as well.

I like what the defensive front was doing, and it was winning the battle in the trenches. The secondary, however, was blowing a lot of coverage and getting burned whenever they went into zone.

After seeing the Patriots play like the Keystone Cops last year I didn't think I could witness a more inept performance by a Belichick/Brady team... I was wrong.

This wasn't a 31-0 spanking, but that 2003 loss was more understandable with the shock of cutting a team captain during game week and then that team captain going to your opponent full of talent and secrets. This loss to the Phish was worse because the Patriots were supposedly ready to play and the only thing that gave the illusion of threat was the Dolphins shooting themselves in the foot during the first half. This Patriots squad has a lot of work to do, they were out played by the Browns and the Browns also lost today.

I don't find it hard to believe they (The NFL and Ravens) didn't see it. I find it hard to believe the police didn't see it or saw it and didn't charge him, that's the major failure, that's shocking. The NFL took it's intial direction from the actions of the police. Choosing to let the legal process play out. That is a fair approach given what the Rices' were saying and the police were doing.

Let's face it, Ray Rice is not important enough to the league to cover anything up. Really isn't. There are plenty of Ray Rice talents around, he isn't HoF caliber etc. This would have been done had they seen the video at the time. The Rices washed the incident, they said it was a mutual fight etc. Not that mutual fighting is acceptable either. However the video clearly shows this was one sided, that the Rices lied... which isn't that surprising when considering Battered Woman Syndrome.

I also thought 2 games was too little just on the confirmed incident. Add in the video footage that was available at the time, the stuff from the lobby facing the elevator and I thought it looked horrible enough for a season plus mandatory counseling. Now add in the interior elevator footage, ugh. Just horrible.

IMO the mandatory counseling thing should be a big part of all NFL actions. Other corps have mandatory classes, meetings, stipulations etc for all sorts of stuff... which I am now even more familiar with because my wife works in an HR dept.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.