2014 NFL Season.

Ms. Spam

Yeah, he created plays by scrambling around and finding wide open receivers. LSU kept him in the pocket and he failed to create enough passing plays to win those games. I like him, he's fun to watch, but he has his Achilles heel of not performing well enough when contained within the pocket.

Think about it. Two of his o linemen went in the top 6 picks, yet he's running all over the place like he had no time to throw. I'd hate to opine on Manziel like I'm some Draft expert, but there is a lot to his game that suggest he won't be a good pro.

Think about it. Two of his o linemen went in the top 6 picks, yet he's running all over the place like he had no time to throw. I'd hate to opine on Manziel like I'm some Draft expert, but there is a lot to his game that suggest he won't be a good pro.

Well he's not a perfect prospect like Andrew Luck, but no one is. Thing about Manziel is that when he runs he is looking downfield to throw it, rather than run it. He does need to improve in the pocket, but he has the talent to do it.

He did struggle against LSU, but he also went 53 for 70 for 777 yards in 2 games against Bama.

Johnny Manziel holds a football like it is radioactive. I knew who he was, but I don't watch clips or college games. Every highlight showed Manziel with his arm wide running crazy. If he gets caught, he's gonna be stripped at the NFL level.

With that said, the Brownies. Haha. Man, like going there ever works out for picks. Hope Manziel breaks the trend for my Pops sake, he's a Dog Pound Lifer.

Johnny Manziel holds a football like it is radioactive. I knew who he was, but I don't watch clips or college games. Every highlight showed Manziel with his arm wide running crazy. If he gets caught, he's gonna be stripped at the NFL level.

With that said, the Brownies. Haha. Man, like going there ever works out for picks. Hope Manziel breaks the trend for my Pops sake, he's a Dog Pound Lifer.

Yeah, cause I mean holding the ball closer to your body is something that isn't easily correctable.

Fact is the kid needs to be broken in a bit, he can't play exactly the same way in the NFL he did in college. It would be silly to think otherwise. But he has a knack, he has amazing instincts.

Alabama didn't have the best defenses the last couple of years. Florida shut him down 2 years ago as well. It's just that his highlight reel consists of plays that while great are unconventional.

And I get to see him first hand. Promised the wife we could go to Cleveland to see my Bucs whip her Browns.

Choc, come on. Players, especially QBs, develop bad habits. This is a known thing. I never said he'll never correct it, :-) habits take time to break however and Manziel's personality doesn't seem like one that easily changes. He believes his hype, even challenging the Texans to take him.

Met, nice insight. So it's possible it's not as bad a habit as the reel implied.

Edit: funny how we basically said the same thing, Choc, but it was taken differently. inrwebs, so fun.

I just hope Johnny Football becomes more like Steve Young, than Vince Young. He just needs to clean up his pocket game and slow down the game a little bit, when the pressure is on him.

I think he'll start out like Vick and after a few big hits turn into Favre. Old Favre. I predict a lot of picks from this guy on his way to either being a journeyman or a flat out bust.

Playing in Cleveland certainly isn't going to help his chances.

Some part of me doubts Manziel. He's from a great Texas high school known for football and college makes its own wonderkinds but sometimes it is just hype. Did he really impress this year at the NFL camp? Skipping out and getting into trouble?

I don't know if Florida really shut him down, I mean he completed 77% of his passes in the game and it was his first game ever in college.

The fact is the guy had 2 bad games in 2 years, both against LSU. He played well in every other game.

Blake Bortles went 17 of 36 against friggin Memphis this year. Last year against Tulsa in 2 games he was 27 of 63.

So apparently Belichick's draft philosophy isn't about collecting talent, or even the right talent, it's about collecting guys coming off injuries. Yay! Mission accomplished. ;)

At least he didn't trade away a chance at infusing talent into an increasingly depleted Patriots roster on the downswing of Brady's career for the umpteenth year in a row?

So apparently Belichick's draft philosophy isn't about collecting talent, or even the right talent, it's about collecting guys coming off injuries. Yay! Mission accomplished. ;)

At least he didn't trade away a chance at infusing talent into an increasingly depleted Patriots roster on the downswing of Brady's career for the umpteenth year in a row?

The draft is still fresh. I fully expect Belichick to still trade out of a round and also draft someone who has never played football.

I love shay Mel Kiper said when talking about Clowney yesterday. He said there weren't that many great tackles in the league, and that Clowney could handle most of them. People seem to assume that all of these first round o linemen future Hall of Famers. Fischer had a horrible rookie season. And look at Jake Long. First overall pick and an average tackle at best. Though he still got another big contact.

So Bill did trade out of the third, but in a surprise move he drafted a Brandon Routh look-alike in the second round. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB. It's fair, I think, to say that investing a second round pick in a quarterback is writing on the wall in regards to what they hope he'll become.

Goodness. It's that time in Brady's career already. I mean I knew, but yeah... three years? Max four? A shocker within two seasons? "Fun" to think about.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.