2014 NFL Season.

Ms. Spam

• 1 month later...

The draft is tomorrow. Anyone have their hearts set on a specific prospect or event?

The Pats LB corps is thin so first round talent wise I am hoping (probably unrealistically) that Anthony Barr drops to within reach of the Patriots, perhaps with a trade partner somewhere in the late teens.

As long as the Vikes don't take Manziel, I doubt I'll complain. As much as we need a QB, I wouldn't mind seeing them take a sure-fire impact player at another position in the first, especially if they can maybe get someone like Bridgewater in the second. After the whole Ponder experience, I don't think we should rush back out and invest a top ten pick on another QB unless he's actually close to a sure thing. From what I can tell, there's not a whole lot of that in this draft. Potential, yes, but as much risk as reward. Another strikeout like that will probably cost us AD's window.

I don't have my heart set on anything since the Colts already wasted their first round pick on Trent Richardson. :angry:

Well, not true, my hope is that the Texans or Jags don't end up with Clowney in the first then Bridgewater in the 2nd. I personally don't think Bridgewater is going to b anything special, but if he is I'd like to keep him out of division.

I'd like linemen in each of the first two rounds for the Giants, one on each side of the ball. In fact I'd like 2 Notre Dame players. Zach Martin in the 1st round and then Stephon Tuitt or Louis Nix in the 2nd. Although Martin has been rising up boards and may not make it to the Giants.

Anyone else miss the all day Saturday marathon NFL drafts? Getting set up at noon with a full days supply of beer and chips. Getting all excited for the first pick. Having your eyes glazed over by the middle of the 2nd? Then praying your team in the third round takes that one guy who was projected to be in the first but fell to the third?

Those were the days.

Jerry wanting Johnny Football is like the worst kept secret in football. It has to be eating at the guts of Jason Garrett and Tony Romo.

Even if Romo's back problems aren't going to get better, Manziel isn't the QB I'd want to be his replacement.

Thank god!

Jerry addressed the needs of the offensive line. This will help to open up the running game, keep the interior rush off of Romo's back and provide a solid core for the interior line.

Don't get my wrong Choc, I think Manziel is an excellent talent, but I don't see him as a prolific passer. The Browns missed a golden opportunity to get a much needed QB for their team and Johnny Football would have been a perfect fit for that team.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.