2014 NFL Season.

Ms. Spam

It was a bad call, I don' think anyone could deny it. Then for an official to talk another official out of it after the referee had already announced it and without even discussing it with the referee is a bigger problem. Plus Dez Bryan rant on the field without his helmet which is a 15 yarder too.

Just inept officiating.

I think the Giants should just accept that "era" is over and move on. Giants have missed the playoffs entirely in 5 of the last 6 years. That should be unacceptable. Even if there was a SB in there; that team was pretty mediocre too.

Curious if Choc agrees.

Don't agree at all, Coughlin can coach still. The issue isn't that, its their poor drafts in 2011 and 2012 which produced very few players for them. This was ofcourse after an era of very productive drafts which resulted in 2 Super Bowls. However their last 2 drafts seem very good in the early going. From 2013 Justin Pugh, Jonathon Hankins and DaMontre Moore all seem like good players. The 2014 draft obviously has Odell Beckham, but in addition to that Weston Richburg, Devon Kennard and Andre Williams all seem like solid players.

The fact is we've seen NFL teams that can go years and years without, decades even, without finding a decent coach. I mean look at Doug Marrone, teams are falling over themselves for this guy and he's the definition of mediocre.

And yeah, they've missed the playoffs alot lately, but in 2 of those years they won 9 and 10 games, so its not like they were bad teams. Just really the last 2 years have been poor, I'd rather stick with a guy I know can coach than go with some guy I have no clue about at this point.

As for the call in the game, Im not the one who brought it up. Just said, it was bad officiating. The poorness of the call isn't even the main thing, the process of how the flag was picked up is whats concerning. Either way, I didn't say the Cowboys didn't deserve to win or anything. Tex brought it up, I just commented that it was poor officiating. Which it was.

I think the Giants are where Dallas was. They're spinning their wheels and afraid to make a change, and rightfully so.

As bad as they are with a Cough they'd be much worse with a new regime. I'm just glad they suck.

Either way, I don't think the Giants will be down for long. They haven't had a prolonged period of being bad for over 30 years. I think alot of that is because they are stable and loyal and don't get on the treadmill of hiring a coach, he doesn't turn it around quick enough, they fire him. They hire a coach, he doesn't turn it around quick enough, they fire him and so on and so on.

They haven't gone more than 3 straight seasons without the playoffs since 1978-1980. And I think their patience and sticking with guys is a main reason why. They've only had 3 GMs in that time span.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.