2014 NFL Season.

Ms. Spam

And played well enough for them to travel east and win the week before (not something they've traditionally done often). It wasn't too long ago we didn't have any decent QBs around here, not it seems we have two!

Speaking of QBs, it's a shame it took Cassel breaking his foot for Teddy Bridgewater to finally get to play, but he did fairly well. Of course, now that he has the job, there is absolutely no running game to help him. And now he doesn't even have Kyle Rudolph for a safety blanket. :no:

True, but you're a little behind the curve. The Patriots were exposed in Game 1. The starters even played like **** in their preseason opportunities.

The Cowboys went 0-5 in the preseason and played horribly in their 1st game. Their draft picks used to build up the offensive line are finally starting to pay dividends, while the Pats decided to trade their Pro-Bowl offensive lineman for another offensive weapon. Brady has had the benefit of having a great offensive line in front of him for quite some time, and now that it is getting old/revamped, he doesn't have that luxury anymore. The lack of a running game makes it even worse.

So, obviously Brady has zero skill position help (like, nada) but he's looking terrible. Outside of a few games, he looked very 'meh' last year too. This is... weird. I've commented before that I'm staying on the Tom Brady/Pats bandwagon too long rather than bailing too early, but I didn't think we were at that point already.

So, obviously Brady has zero skill position help (like, nada) but he's looking terrible. Outside of a few games, he looked very 'meh' last year too. This is... weird. I've commented before that I'm staying on the Tom Brady/Pats bandwagon too long rather than bailing too early, but I didn't think we were at that point already.

------------

What is wrong with this editor?

If they had a running game, that would force the linebackers closer to the line, he would have more options. Gronk is definitely an outstanding TE, but he's pretty much being covered since the running threat isn't there. Give Tom Brady enough time in the pocket, and he'll find an open receiver, but that luxury isn't there anymore.

But there's really no correlation between a strong running game and the passing game. Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Denver, Detroit, and San Diego all rank lower than the Patriots. The Colts average 3.8ypc to the Pats 3.6.

The bigger issue is that the Pats have WRs who can't get open, a QB who is hit or miss with his throws (more miss than hit, lately) and is skittish in the pocket.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.