2014 NFL Season.

Ms. Spam

I don't think the actual schedule has been released, I think it's just an announcement for a slight format change... as you've detailed.

Basically it appears that 4 "lucky" teams out of 32 will be "screwed" by playing two short week Thursday games.

Wouldn't playing on Thursday be an advantage? I mean whatever team you are playing against on Thursday is in the same boat as you, having to play on a short week. Then you have extra days off before your next game, which your opponent for that game won't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jerry Jones is a complete dumbass. His idiotic signings and continued stupidity in restructuring contracts that only delay the inevitable. Now we have released Ware (who by no means is the player he once was), and we have to pray that Jones has somehow (1) learned how to draft even though the overwhelming majority of his drafts suck, and (2) learned how to wisely spend any of the cap savings he has now that Ware's gone.

I can't imagine them finishing above .500 for the next 4-5 years, effectively wasting the primes of Bryant and Murray.

I know the team is a marketing machine, but dammit if he can't realize he'd be making even more money if the team was consistently successful. Oh well, he can't live forever.

So Denver? Yeah. I guess the Cap is crap. Seriously well played by Elway.

Speaking of the Cap, apparently the Patriots asked Vince Wilfork (who's a great player and seemingly a good person) to restructure his contract. Vince is reportedly responding, par for the course with athletes, by crying about being asked to reduce his pay from millions per year to only millions per year. Sometimes I wonder how I can even like sports.

So Denver? Yeah. I guess the Cap is crap. Seriously well played by Elway.

Speaking of the Cap, apparently the Patriots asked Vince Wilfork (who's a great player and seemingly a good person) to restructure his contract. Vince is reportedly responding, par for the course with athletes, by crying about being asked to reduce his pay from millions per year to only millions per year. Sometimes I wonder how I can even like sports.

Maybe cause they came to an agreement where the Patriots, ya know, agreed to pay him a certain amount. Kinda like they did with Tom Brady, so they could keep the team competitive and then allow his best receiver to leave.

Sports contracts are (re)negotiated all the time. Vince had his extension done back in 2009/10. This is the last year of his contract, it is 100% not unusual for a contract to be (re)negotiated at this point.

Tom Brady has never lost money during any of his contract negotiations, he's said it and has Bob Kraft. Tom just had his money shuffled in a way that it's an upfront bonus or whatever it was, but was not hitting the cap. Teams do that legal jimmying with the cap all the time.

The Pats are now trying to do the same with Vince's last year. For whatever reason it's not working out, I don't fault Vince for wanting what he wants and believing he can get it, but I have zero sympathy for millionaire crying that he's only making millions instead of millions.

Sports contracts are (re)negotiated all the time. Vince had his extension done back in 2009/10. This is the last year of his contract, it is 100% not unusual for a contract to be (re)negotiated at this point.

Tom Brady has never lost money during any of his contract negotiations, he's said it and has Bob Kraft. Tom just had his money shuffled in a way that it's an upfront bonus or whatever it was, but was not hitting the cap. Teams do that legal jimmying with the cap all the time.

The Pats are now trying to do the same with Vince's last year. For whatever reason it's not working out, I don't fault Vince for wanting what he wants and believing he can get it, but I have zero sympathy for millionaire crying that he's only making millions instead of millions.

When did he cry? He's just unwilling to change the terms of his contract, so it's up to the Pats to either let him play under the current terms or release him. I don't think Wilfork is crying or asking for anyone's sympathy.

Oh for fucks sake, Choc. :D LOL Let us please get all semantics on this. I apologize that I do not have TO like video of Wilfork crying over his contract like it's his favorite quarterback.

How about I just say IMO it's crying, cool?

Over the years; Owner praises Wilfork, Coach praises Wilfork, teammates praise Wilfork, community loves Wilfork. This off season; Team asks Wilfork to renegotiate the last year of his contract (a year the majority of players never see anyway, and yes renegotiate from millions of dollars a year to mere millions of dollars a year), asking Wilfork to do something Brady does, something others do, Wilfork demands a release.

That's ****ing crying.

Oh for ****s sake, Choc. :D LOL Let us please get all semantics on this. I apologize that I do not have TO like video of Wilfork crying over his contract like it's his favorite quarterback.

How about I just say IMO it's crying, cool?

Over the years; Owner praises Wilfork, Coach praises Wilfork, teammates praise Wilfork, community loves Wilfork. This off season; Team asks Wilfork to renegotiate the last year of his contract (a year the majority of players never see anyway, and yes renegotiate from millions of dollars a year to mere millions of dollars a year), asking Wilfork to do something Brady does, something others do, Wilfork demands a release.

That's ****ing crying.

In your opinion it's crying. Well in my opinion eating a cheeseburger is running a marathon.

Wilfork shouldn't demand a release, never mind the fact that he can't demand a release. However I see no reason he should renogotiate his deal if he doesn't want to.

Have you peeps seen this video of a child crying over Steve Smith getting released from the Panthers? That kid's dad is a douchebag for recording that and displaying it to the world. He knew his son would get upset, I'm a father of four, this ****er knew his son would get upset and he ambushed him and then posted it for the world to see. The man is a total douche.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.