Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stan Lee teases Black Panther

10 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
http://movies.cosmic...-stan-lee-video

1) He is insinuating a solo film, it seems
2) Not the first time Stan Lee has done so regarding Black Panther
3) Age of Ultron is filming in Africa - so maybe they introduce him there, then comes a solo film for phase 3

Should he get a solo film? Would it depend on his role, if any, in Age of Ultron?
  • Ryn +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Black Panther is rad, I'm all for a solo film leading to joining the Avengers, or an Avengers bit role parlayed into a solo film.

That said, assuming that filming in South Africa equals an African character is kind of presumptuous.

Also, Stan Lee has zero involvement with Marvel Entertainment and I wouldn't consider him an authority.

Edited by Driver, 09 February 2014 - 12:37 AM.

• Ryn +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,048 posts

I'm all for a Black Panther movie so long as they get Don McGregor and Christopher Priest to write the story and then run a seance session with Dwayne McDuffie to make sure it meets with his approval.

I am, also, tentatively for a Black Panther movie if it has none of the above persons attached to it. BUT IT BETTER BE GOOOOD.....

• Ryn, Obsidian and Driver +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,924 posts
It's really mean to tease people, even if they are superheroes.
  • The Human Torch, Jacen123, Darth Lohr and 2 others like this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts

I'm all for a Black Panther movie so long as they get Don McGregor and Christopher Priest to write the story and then run a seance session with Dwayne McDuffie to make sure it meets with his approval.

I am, also, tentatively for a Black Panther movie if it has none of the above persons attached to it. BUT IT BETTER BE GOOOOD.....

Djimon Hounsou and Reginald Hudlin were involved in the animated show, which I quite enjoyed. Hounsou is now in Guardians of the Galaxy, but if the character's introduction is in Whedon's Avengers sequel, my dream casting would be Chiwetel Ejiofor, especially with the two working together before. Bonus connection: vibranium, and its scarcity, gets a mention in Captain America's first film.
  • The Human Torch +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
F to the yes I want to see Kinky Boots as Black Panther. Signed up!

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,664 posts
Stan did it again in Toronto this past weekend...but maybe this is more than a tease now.

http://uproxx.com/ga...-panther-movie/

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Again-- Stan Lee works for Stan Lee, not Marvel studios. He's not in the know.

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,664 posts
He's more in the know than I am.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

I doubt it!

He's even said he just gets a phone for his cameos and shows up. That's not to say he doesn't get asked questions by the creative committee or writers,, so maybe he fields those questions and therefor knows what's in development-- but it's no big secret Marvel develops a ton of properties and doesn't move on them until they are ready. I'm sure there's been Captain Marvel and Black Panther scripts commissioned, still doesn't mean they are in active production

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
In one of his documentaries, he remarks something like "I've told this story so many times, I don't even remember if it's true" and then goes on to share it. :lol: I think he really enjoys conversation.

Reply to this topic