Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Batman Movie: Burton/Schumacher

Superhero DC Batman

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Batman Movie: Burton/Schumacher (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Burton/Schumacher Era Batman Movie was the Best?

1. Batman (17 votes [80.95%])

Percentage of vote: 80.95%

2. Batman Returns (3 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Batman Forever (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

4. Batman & Robin (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,926 posts

After this we'll do the Nolan films, then the winners can go up against Batman '66 in a three-way Battle Royale.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,926 posts

I'm torn.  On one hand, Batman was great,  On the other hand, I must have come close to wearing out my VHS on the part where Michelle Pfeiffer was cleaning herself like a cat in Returns.

• Good God a Bear +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Even Kevin Smith was shocked at how Not-Batman 1989's box office exploder was when he rewatched it last year.

With that said I think they are all valid takes, I would have liked to see Keaton and Burton do what ended up being Batman Forever, however. That could have been a great box set/trilogy etc.

It's hard for me to pin down which I like best, I know which I dislike most... Batman & Robin, which is surprising to some I would think considering I adore Dozier's Batman with Adam West. All in all each film, even the disaster that is Batman & Robin has moments in them where you can go... that was Batman. But as a whole none of them really hold up.

I feel the same about Nolan's too. Surprising I'm sure but I think there is tons to like in his trilogy, almost as much to not like too however.

The best ever audio/visual Batman still is the animated series and it's films by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.

To choose to choose however: Batman '89

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Will Batman TAS be represented in this battle royal?

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts

89, easily, I still think it's the best live action Batman film. I watch Returns almost as much, but I think of that as more of a great Burton film than Batman film... although it seems to have influenced a lot of subsequent Batman stylistic elements. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,709 posts

Out of that group, definitely Batman.  Batman Returns a distant second, and the Schumacher films are completely unwatchable. 

Edited by El Chalupacabra, 01 February 2014 - 12:41 AM.

• Gman +1 this

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
Batman.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Surprised at how not Batman the 89 film was? I will have to go find his comments to find out why he thinks that. That's outta left field.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts

I'm not entirely sure I've ever actually seen Returns the whole way through.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,846 posts

I don't get why this is a question.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,926 posts
Because maybe Torch's constarection for Alicia Silverstone would have outweighed his taste. And Michelle Pfeifer was yummy.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
With all due respect to chicks, Michelle Pfeifer is an all-time piece of ass. I said all due respect.

While I chose Batman '89 as the best of this bunch the actual best is in my head;

Burton/Director
Keaton/Batman
Carey/Riddler
Lando/Two-Face
O'Donnell/Robin
Arhnold/Bane
Kilmer/Azrael

Batman Forever

Three villains destroy Batman. Robin struggles to continue, Azrael emerges to help.

It would probably be on par or just crazier worse than Returns, but I wish it had happened. I would have liked to see Burton go into a third with the idea of ending it, but with a small thread left for a another sequel by some other guy.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

Surprised at how not Batman the 89 film was? I will have to go find his comments to find out why he thinks that. That's outta left field.

There a ton of examples he lists in his commentary, but most are easy to see when you think about it.

Doesn't like guns, blows henchman away with bombs and rockets.

Is the bane of criminals everywhere, watches crimes happens, beat up criminals then let's them go with a warning.

Bruce Wayne acts like Clark Kent.

There are others that are very glaring in hindsight, but at the time I (basically all of us) didn't see them... it was ****ing Batman! Woooooooo!

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,048 posts

Surprised at the lack of love for Batman Returns.

Oh, and the actual best of that era was Mask of the Phantasm.

• Phil_Muzza and Driver +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
YES

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The best part of Batman Returns is the part where it makes Nolan's acclaimed, dark and realistic Joker look like an actual clown. Seriously, Returns was marketed to children. Hahahahahaha

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,926 posts

I don't understand your first sentence at all, Torch.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts

YES

915701.gif

• Exodus +1 this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superhero, DC, Batman