CM Puck quits

Darth Ender

http://www.wrestlezone.com/uncategorized/448903-tmz-cm-punk-story-steve-austin

Not sure if this is a work, but if it isn't, I do not blame him. There are guys that bust their asses 300 nights a year that are more over now than Batista has ever been. Batista can barely hold his own as a mid-card at Wrestemania, let alone the main event. Nobody really liked Batista to begin with; he was just kind of...there. To build up his credibility why didn't they just make him have a strong run and end up in the final four? Bryan, Punk, Reigns, or even Kane or anyone else would have been a better choice than Batista.

They automatically assumed "former main eventer returning = huge crowd support." It wasn't so much bringing him back was a bad idea, or having him leapfrog other main eventers was a bad idea, but having him leapfrog Daniel Bryan was a bad idea. Having him win the rumble/go to Wrestlemania was also clearly a bad idea. This spot had 4 or 5 better suited candidates.

Had he returned and feuded with Kane or HHH or something, it would have been fine and nobody would be hating on him right now.

Destiny--I agree.

I still struggle with how Batista winning the Rumble was a good decision in any way.

I think it's still a HHH vs CM Punk work. Think about it, Randy Orton as Champion, Batista returning and winning the rumble, both former stable mates. Then

CM Punk walks out, and WWE.com reported the "shoot" promo by Dolph Zingler.

They are setting up for "The Authority" to fail with the talents walking out, fans booing babyface, etc.. etc...

I think there is a plan in the work and they are using the internet as a tool for it big time. Just look at the teasing of Sting reports, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, etc... I think there is something bigger coming down the pipe.

Destiny--I agree.

I still struggle with how Batista winning the Rumble was a good decision in any way.

I think it's still a HHH vs CM Punk work. Think about it, Randy Orton as Champion, Batista returning and winning the rumble, both former stable mates. Then

CM Punk walks out, and WWE.com reported the "shoot" promo by Dolph Zingler.

They are setting up for "The Authority" to fail with the talents walking out, fans booing babyface, etc.. etc...

I think there is a plan in the work and they are using the internet as a tool for it big time. Just look at the teasing of Sting reports, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, etc... I think there is something bigger coming down the pipe.

I hope you are right. I just don't think WWE executives are as competent as you are.

I think the Punk thing is a work, but part of me hopes that it's not so Daniel Bryan can take his spot against HHH. Early reports ar ethat DB's WM opponent is going to be Sheamus, and who in the hell wants to see that?

I like Punk, but his act has gotten a bit stale. I'd like to see him take some time off and then come back fresh.

If it's not a work Punk is being a real bitch about this. He gets paid a sht ton of money to do what he does, and the WWF already gave him a super long title reign.

Walking away when WM is on the horizon is a dick move, and I wouldn't put it past him. I still think it's a work, but if it's not Punk can go fuck himself. He will be forgotten.

True, but you have to think that if he was unhappy/banged up he could've left months ago. Waiting to bolt until after the Rumble is diva bullshit.

And it's not like he's the Ultimate Warrior, a guy who could hold up Vince for cash because he had no qualms about leaving wrestling. Punk is a lifer, a die hard wrestling junkie. It just doesn't make sense.

That's why it has to be a work.

Does anyone know if Punk is working with an open contract or day to day contract? If not, how could this not be a work. Wouldn't that mean he's in breach of contract?

Alternatively, Alberto Del Rio is reportedly unhappy with his directions as well and is simply waiting out his time until his contract expires.

I guess Vince only wants to make time for guys like this...

I'm sure he's in breach, much like Stone Cold was when he walked away, but Vince isn't gonna hold him to it unless he refuses to come back. He's rather just let the guy settle down and hopefully realize that he'd rather wrestle than do anything else.

I can see why you don't think he's a lifer, Jacob, because he's talked openly about quitting for years now. I just see him as the kind of guy who's gonna get bored with whatever he decides to do besides wrestling. Guys like the Ulitmate Warrior could walk away without missing it all that much, but I don't see Punk doing that at all.

It's not a work. Punk was going to step away shortly after Mania anyway, whether permanently or not who knows. He just didn't see the point in sticking around to wrestle another part time wrestler at Mania in a match that serves no real purpose. Especially when guys who have been away for 4 years get Main Event spots upon their return while the most over guy in a generation (Bryan) and a guy who carried the company for over a year (Punk) get the shaft.

He didn't carry the company. If he did he'd still be champ. Even when he was champ he rarely main evented a PPV, and I suspect the reason why is because he didn't appeal to the masses. Guys like him and Daniel Bryan appeal to wrestling fans, especially the hardcore types who go to TV tapings and really get into it, but they don't draw in the casual fans like Cena does.

Don't get me wrong. I hate it, but business is business.

And if it really is the case that Punk was that unhappy about part time has beens getting top spots, I just have to laugh. It reminds me of a story Dibiase once told about Savage, that the WWF belt was so important to Savage that Vince reworked WM4 to keep everyone happy. Dibiase was cool with it, because being a team player and making crazy money was more important that prop belts, but Savage needed it to "prove" he was the best yadaa yadaa whatever. Don't even get me started on Bret Hart.

I say he's not a lifer either. He loves his Cubs games and going to cons.

He's gonna be miserable watching Raw on his couch and you know it.

Curious about your opinions on this. Is anyone who leaves and comes back a lifer? Are the Rock, Batista, Brock Lesnar etc lifers? They all cr back, after all.

I don't think Rock is. He's got his movies and his millions, and he messed himself up at last years WM. I think he's content to move on.

Batista is definitely in the Warrior camp. He's a musclehesd looking for a paycheck. He was so gassed at the Rumble, if you didn't see it. Whatever he has on the side, if anything, he'd rather be doing it. Or nothing. Whatever.

I think Brock, though, might be a lifer in the Undertaker sense. He always hated the grind of being a full time wrestler, but his current deal has gotta feel pretty sweet. Show up a few times a year, get a big pop, and take home a fat paycheck. Suits his lazy ass.

I think Punk is different from Bronk in that he came into the business as a long shot, carried that chip on his shoulder, and after that long title reign he's like "what now?". Call it a late career crisis. I don't think he'll Terry Funk it, but I can't see him staying on the sidelines as long as the fans still dig his shit. He knows exactly how small that window is, and he's not gonna let it close just yet

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.