Fantastic Four reboot

Exodus

There is a lot to go WTF about, however the thing that is sticking in my craw about this synopsis is Sue. While she has always had wild personality variations, she has usually maintained being a strong female. This synopsis seems to set her back tremendously. If that holds up then, and especially in today's world, that might be creatively irresponsible.

It's surprisingly not too bad of a story outline considering that the synopsis offers every evidence the people involved don't understand who the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom ("Hacktivist"? "Hates the %1"? Anti-corruption of science? He wants computer-controll-y powers?) actually are or what makes them tick.

The writer has taken to social media to claim the synopsis is 100% untrue.. except for the parts already confirmed true of course by other people.

At any rate I totally remembered there is already a perfect Fantastic Four movie, it's just called The Incredibles for some reason.

nope.jpg

there's a lot of comic movies I haven't seen, oddly enough

When I was in high school, a couple of my friends were at another friend's house. They found a sex tape that his parents made. The two visitors sat on him, held his eyes open and made him watch.

I didn't say you'd willingly see it, just that you would see it.

• 2 months later...

I thought it looked like they wanted to make Interstellar and cross it with one of those fancy Marvel movies that make money, and the only thing they had the rights to was the Fantastic Four, but they found it hokey and embarrassing so they took the concept and made it as gritty and dark as they could.

I thought it looked like they wanted to make Interstellar and cross it with one of those fancy Marvel movies that make money, and the only thing they had the rights to was the Fantastic Four, but they found it hokey and embarrassing so they took the concept and made it as gritty and dark as they could.

Which is awesome-sauce!

The Chris Evans F4 wasn't deplorable. It correctly hit many of the tones this new version seems to be shunning.

Side: Doom being a hacker/terror based villain doesn't seem so silly nowadays, might make sense given a present world approach and the state of the former USSR. Perhaps this Doom was born into a war state found in the collapse of the Union. Maybe there isn't anything left of his country to rule over.

Last time I read and enjoyed any FF was six years ago when Dwayne McDuffie finished his underrated run. Far as I'm concerned, they can do whatever they like with the concept as long as they don't remind me of Galactus the Killer Space Smog. Also, they should make the movie not-terrible.

• 2 months later...

It's no Force Awakens, but nothing in here is ruining my childhood or whatever. It contains fewer recycled parts than Terminator 5 and it's not emotionally caustic like Batman Bleeds Superman: Dawn of Punching. Still interested enough to see where this is going.

My interest level is now up to Netflix viewing, which has jumped considerably and exceeds the Batman/Superman courthouse drama which remains at not even on a dare.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.