Hannibal: Season 2

Pong Messiah

But anyway, I loved the premiere. And the good news is its numbers matched or beat the numbers for the final 9 episodes last season. That's a great trend towards another renewal.

I love how clear headed Will is now. He can think and plan and scheme this season in a way he couldn't all last season. Hannibal is lucky he's locked up. Still looks like he's gonna be in that cell for a while now.

I love the crushed look on his face when he realized that Asian chick wasn't there for a visit but there to ask him to help on a case.

Hannibal is even more of a smart ass this season than last, which is awesome.

How much do you think his therapist knows? Suspects? I'm thinking a lot and I'm thinking she's not long for this world. LOL Especially since the actress is apparently in another series, Crisis, which probably filmed around the same time.

But anyway, I loved the premiere. And the good news is its numbers matched or beat the numbers for the final 9 episodes last season. That's a great trend towards another renewal.

I love how clear headed Will is now. He can think and plan and scheme this season in a way he couldn't all last season. Hannibal is lucky he's locked up. Still looks like he's gonna be in that cell for a while now.

I love the crushed look on his face when he realized that Asian chick wasn't there for a visit but there to ask him to help on a case.

Hannibal is even more of a smart ass this season than last, which is awesome.

How much do you think his therapist knows? Suspects? I'm thinking a lot and I'm thinking she's not long for this world. LOL Especially since the actress is apparently in another series, Crisis, which probably filmed around the same time.

Yeah, it was gorgeously done. Mikkelsen's Hannibal is a nightmare who makes Hopkins look like a clown. He is just done so well. From the colors, the angles, the subtle double-meaning facial expression, even down to the light off of his his skin and perspiration. So much has gone into just making him pop off the screen, from both Mikkelsen, his director, and the makeup department. How often do ya get to say that? lol

I think he is deluded enough to truly believe on some level that he is friends with Will, because of Will's mind. I think he's so used to being the smartest person in the room -- by far -- that he is intimidated, maybe even a bit frightened by Will's freakish ability to connect the dots, so even though he appreciates his "friend," he has to take him out. But he spent all of season 1 putting Will in checkmate, and now that he thinks he's won the game against a fellow supagenius, he's overconfident -- who else is there?

I much prefer this dynamic. iirc he was more offended that a wuss like Will figured him out in the book, and was more obsessed with figuring out his mistakes/better covering his tracks.

I wonder what, exactly he has over his psychologist. Is she a reluctant partner, or a full-on hostage? Agree with you that she's probably not going to survive long, especially if she's seen whispering sweet-nothings to Will in an upcoming episode!

Glad the ratings are improved. Given that the show is on Friday night, you know a lot of people probably aren't watching it until a day or two later.

:eek:

Yes, but what, I wonder? A typical angle would be a family member or other loved one who gets the axe if she doesn't do what he says, but that seems far too mundane. And even though she seems scared of him, she doesn't seem so petrified out of her wits that she must do his bidding. Got to be some sort of psychological wrack he has her stretched on. It's been really hard not looking up spoilers for that one...

The character of Hannibal, I think, is to keep her and Will as people near him, much like Clarice, because he likes their intellect and the characters they are. They can understand him and his "being" like no others. Others irritate him. His dinner parties are interesting plays on this as they are in his home.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new episodes, no reviews? What gives?

Enjoyed both. Will appears to be regaining some swagger along with his clarity, something he hasn't shown since the first episode of the series, before he got back in the field.

Last night's episode was the most extroverted in feel yet, and came off like a psychadelic rock opera. I mean this in a good way, but I hope it's a direction that is only being employed for Will's flashbacks and recollections.

I know one thing, Hannibal can MOVE FAST when he wants to. LOL

The light switch scene was very well done. Any faster and it would have been too obvious, but the way Hannibal managed to do it in one smooth motion, circling to the stairs was like ballet and somehow natural.

I recall him biting a nurse's face off in the book with a quick burst of speed like that, and the doctors being less shocked at the gore than the fact that his heart rate never once went up during the incident.

• 4 weeks later...

Just one more episode to catch up on. WOW.

I could not eat my own meat. Nope. No way. Not even prepared by Hannibal.

There are some really ghastly death scenes staged by a master like Hannibal. It gives me the whillies.

I am sorry that Bloom did what she did with Hannibal though. It kind of makes me sad sad sad.

Also, I felt bad for the Raul character, the prison psychologist getting shot by that FBI one armed hostage person.

heh. yeah. I'm contrarian. I think they'd shoot me because I'd irritate them so much they would not want to deal with me for much longer.

I'm still digging the Japanese titles that the episodes have. I plan on googling each one to see what it means.

I have the same problem with characters getting a gun pointed at them and told to dig their own grave. Everybody should refuse because they're gonna die anyway. Only seen one character ever actually refuse based on that logic.

I always think it's odd too, but at the same time there is a ton of real world precedent for it (death camps, gangland killings, execution speeches, etc...).

People probably want to stay alive until the very last moment hoping for any sort of reprieve/cavalry arrival/whatev...

I like to think I would do ten shovel fulls of dirt ... Just enough to lull the gunman into a false sense of security before charging him with the shovel. You might catch him off guard and you do have a weapon, but either way you're no worse off and their lazy ass gotta dig the grave.

As for tonight's episode, another masterpiece. I like how Hannibal and Will are openly talking about everything but not in a way that Hannibal would indict himself. Fantastic writing.

The interplay of music and light as the crazed furry jumped through Will's window... masterpiece!

I also am really liking the idea that Hannibal has for years deliberately been seeking out seriously deranged killers to "treat" in order to build himself a stable of super-psychos!

:eek:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.