UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Guest El Chalupacabra

If they do kill off Han, I'd like to see Lando in Ep 8 & 9. Billy Dee Williams will be so happy he has any kind of acting gig, he probably will act his ass off, and not phone it in.

I enjoyed his appearances on Rebels. I'm certainly on board with bringing him back in some capactiy, whether it just be for a cameo or something more substantial if they can write in a good reason for him being around (not that I think that would be difficult, necessarily).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

After seeing the international trailer, it makes me wonder if not only Han dies, but what if Chewie dies in the explosion.

I don't think Luke dies or is dead already by Episode 7, but I think he will not survive the trilogy.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think Luke dies in 9. I see Leia, Chewie, and the droids of the OT characters surviving this trilogy, with Luke, Han, and Lando (if he appears at all) dying.

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind if Chewie survives the entire trilogy, but Peter Mayhew has some health issues these days.

I can see Luke kicking the bucket in 9, like Yoda in ROTJ. Leia, they may keep around in a Mon Mothma sort of way.

Lando BETTER NOT DIE though.

I guess this is the right place for this. I'm not sure I've seen this idea before but what if Poe is sent with the saber specifically to find Rey?

I read rumors a while ago and some stuff more recent that the saber is actually somehow encoded with how to find Luke. And Poe goes to give this saber to Rey, so she can find Luke?

My thought is this:

The movie starts with Poe going to Jakku to find Rey. He arrives at Reys village looking for her. When he gets there he meets with Von Sydow's character who informs him that Rey is on an overnight or long term scavenging trip and won't be back for some time. The First Order then attacks, destroying the village. Poe gets away from the attack but realizes he won't be able to escape the planet, so he places the saber in BB8. Im not sure if he is somehow able to tell BB8 what Rey looks like and where she is so the droid can find her or if the droid and Rey find each other by coincidence.

Rey is a nobody. No one will be searching for her at the beginning of the story.

Remember the old rumor - that a lightsaber falling to the planet initiates the whole plot. Poe won't be going to Jakku to find Rey. He'll be going to pick up a lightsaber from the Von Sydow character.

Rey thinks she is a nobody, but that doesn't mean she is a nobody.

My thought is this: Rey and Kylo are Luke's children. Years before the events of TFA their home was attacked, the wife was killed and the son kidnapped, but thought dead. Luke realized he couldn't be in the open and that his daughter would not be safe with him. He sent her to Jakku under the care of Von Sydow's character.

Years pass, Luke decides it's nearly time to come out of hiding. Poe gets sent by Leia to give the saber to Rey. He has no idea the significance of the saber or who Rey is. He is just told to find this girl and give her the saber.

When Rey and Finn meet Han, Finn has a vague understanding of what Poe was doing on Jakku. He knows that Poe was supposed to give the saber to Rey. They show Han the saber who recognizes it. He has no idea Rey is Luke's daughter. It's possible that the galaxy thinks the whole family was killed in the earlier attack on Luke's home. He takes them to Maz's castle to try to get some answers.

At Maz's castle we basically are shown/hear the backstory I've told her. Rey is shocked at her importance, won't accept the saber and runs out of the castle. TFO attacks and Kylo finds Rey and this is the scene where he puts the saber to her head and takes her prisoner.

I'm almost positive that rumor is from a game of telephone.

The saber ends up on Jakku and kicks things off-- but it bing on a ship that crashes versus falling from space with a hand attached? Somebody who is an idiot without an imagination filled in some gaps somewhere along the way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.