UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

I don't automatically have a problem with him appearing in one of these. His ****ty acting in the PT was because of ****ty Direction not to mention the horrid writing. Everything else I've seen him in he was solid to great.

Did you see Jumper?

Yeah. I enjoyed it and he was fine.

A lot of people can't separate him from the writing and directing. Take the sand comment above when his name first came up. He didn't write that line. And his line deliveries were micromanaged by Lucas.

I actually think it'd awesome for him to show up because it would prove what he could do with the character with a real director and writers.

I don't think you can JUSt blame the direction and the writing. That certainly didn't help, but a GOOD actor can sell you anything.

Ewan McGregor had some of the worst lines, but he sold them with panache. He's a stellar actor though. Natalie Portman was terrible in the PT, but has been amazing in other things.

I personally think Hayden has been passable in other movies-- but never amazing. And no matter what he's in he always has the same smarmy douchebag face.

True, Choc. The most obvious reason being that the new films are loudly making it clear they're staying far far away from the PT, my other assumption is that Luke is now about 60 years old? He is the wise old mentor now. Wtf, it's going to seem strange seeing a bright eyed young Hayden ghost appear to old man Luke. I suppose a competent enough writer and director can pull off that awkward scene but I don't see it at all.

Plus, Luke already saw his Father as a ghost, turned and joined his friends in Jedi. Seems most fitting it should be left that way. It's a more proper goodbye.

Once these rumors get traced back to their source it's pretty comical how out of hand they get.

This, to my knowledge, was the source of the Vader/Christensen news/rumor. It's pretty innocuous, and even MSW prefaces it by saying "this is a rumor told to me that I have a very tough time believing."

The funniest thing about it is reading how excited people seem about Hayden coming back and how much sense it makes...lol.

Here is an odd thought, could Hayden being in the movie actually be further proof of Lucasfilm trying to distance themselves from the prequels. Think of this possibility. It could be a flashback Luke has or maybe Ren trying to see what motivated Anakin to turn to the dark side. Now what if the film makers don't feel any of the scenes from the prequels show this well. So they show a flashback scene of Anakin doing something, saying something to someone, whatever that shows more of his motivation for turning to the dark side that perhaps wasn't introduced in the prequels.

Having said that I don't think Hayden will be in the movie at all. Just throwing some crap against the wall.

Ok, Io9. Whichever it was. Just seems kinda weird that a rumor that even the author called "crazy" comes out and 2 days later there is a story that Hayden is coming back as Vader.

io9 used to be my absolute favorite blog out there. If anyone knows a good alternative to it... their quality has dropped considerably. Between losing their intrusive auto-play ads, journalists and replacing them with fanboy bloggers and being part of the Gawker/Defamer pool of garbage humans I scold myself when I still go there out of reflex multiple times a day.

I don't automatically have a problem with him appearing in one of these. His ****ty acting in the PT was because of ****ty Direction not to mention the horrid writing. Everything else I've seen him in he was solid to great.

Did you see Jumper?
Yeah. I enjoyed it and he was fine.

A lot of people can't separate him from the writing and directing. Take the sand comment above when his name first came up. He didn't write that line. And his line deliveries were micromanaged by Lucas.

I actually think it'd awesome for him to show up because it would prove what he could do with the character with a real director and writers.

He might have salvaged things if he wouldn't have tried so hard. He kept going in and out of that terrible English accent. It was so distracting. Hell even Jake Lloyd was comfortable in his role as Anakin. People might have thought his performance sucked, but it wasn't forced. Okay maybe Yippee was forced. Sure Lucas could have done a better job directing, but Hayden didn't make it any easier.

He could be the greatest actor in the world, if he's returning then it would stand to reason that the character is returning, and Anakin Skywalker is the most boring, whiny character in the Star Wars universe. If that character is coming back, I'm out.

There was a rumor on MSW today that the reason Rey was on Jaaku is that her parents left her there and she is afraid if she leaves the planet her parents would never find her. At first glance this may seem to indicate she is Han and Leia's daughter. But I don't think so for a few reasons. First off based on anything I've read Rey and Han don't seem to know each other.

I also remember back when trailer 2 came out Harry Knowles saying that he knew the plot of the movie (you can believe him or not, doesn't really matter. We are just speculating anyway) and he said that there is a revelation about Rey that will "blow peoples minds".

Now I don't think her being Han and Leia's daughter would blow peoples minds. I think most people would somewhat think that was a very strong possibility going in. So my question is, any theories on what Reys true parentage/background is?

I've said from day one, before casting even happen, that the grand-daughter of Obi-Wan made sense to me as a character.

That said-- even though I fully believe they are pretending the PT never happened, the resemblance between Rey and Padme seems pretty intentional.

I mean let's face it-- she's the off spring of one of the OT 3.

My actual guess is she's Leia's daughter, but Han is NOT her father.

Completely and totally unsubstantiated theory based on Drivers Obi Wan comment:

I think it's fairly known that there will be a flashback in the middle of the movie. What if the flashback told this story

Obi Wan meets, falls in love and has a child with a woman. He loves them very much but his dense of duty/obligation to the Jedi order eventually causes him to stop contacting them. Maybe it just became too hard to keep it a secret. He regrets this deeply. Years later his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, also falls in love with a woman. Anakin and his love, Padme, think they are keeping it a secret from everyone. Obi Wan though knows the whole time. Yet he allows it to continue because of how he lost his own family due to the Jedi code.

Years later Obi Wans son has his own family and 2 children. When the first order comes to power they begin to seek out anyone that is Force sensitive. Maybe Snoke can sense them. They hunt down this Kenobi family and in the fight Obi Wans now elderly former lover is killed. One of Obi Wans grandchildren is taken, this becomes Kylo Ren. The mother, father and daughter escape. The parents know however that Snoke won't stop hunting them, so they hide Rey on Jakku and essentially go on the run themselves. Perhaps eventually being killed. So Rey is waiting on Jakku for parents who can never come.

Like always not even saying I think this is the case. Just throwing stuff against the wall. Imagine if in the flashback JJ got all the "big 3" from the PT to appear in it, so we'd have all six appearing in the same movie. That would be pretty impressive secret keeping!

So don't think it will happen, but not a bad idea I think!

I don't buy the flashback rumor. It's so very not- Star Warsy. I'd assume an old hologram before a flashback.

As for Obi-Wan offspring. When he quite being a Jedi he probably knocked boots. It doesn't need more than a line to sell.

"My grandfather was a Jedi... for a time. After that-- he got around."

Guest El Chalupacabra

Completely and totally unsubstantiated theory based on Drivers Obi Wan comment:

I think it's fairly known that there will be a flashback in the middle of the movie. What if the flashback told this story

Obi Wan meets, falls in love and has a child with a woman. He loves them very much but his dense of duty/obligation to the Jedi order eventually causes him to stop contacting them. Maybe it just became too hard to keep it a secret. He regrets this deeply. Years later his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, also falls in love with a woman. Anakin and his love, Padme, think they are keeping it a secret from everyone. Obi Wan though knows the whole time. Yet he allows it to continue because of how he lost his own family due to the Jedi code.

The only problem with that part is that basically was done, minus the kid, with the Duchess Satine of Mandalore during TCW. I know, I know, that doesn't mean it can't be done again, but if Kenobi is supposed to be one of the greatest Jedi ever, and making the same mistake twice is out of character.

Now as "Ben" Kenobi, I could see that happening. Ben Kenobi wouldn't necessarily be bound by the Jedi Order, because there is no Jedi Order anymore.

I'd be happy to see an older looking Ewan McGregor playing "Ben" Kenobi leading to his family line coming into Ep7.

It makes sense as well in that he knows it's pretty much just him and Yoda left and therefore look to throw the "no relationships" rule out the window to bring more potential Jedi into the world.

By the time we get to ANH, they are elsewhere, safe or otherwise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.