UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

I'm not arguing, but what's the difference? Chris Farley fans tell me that there is way more to him than being fat, but I've never seen it and I have no reason to look for more.

For what it's worth, I think there are many funny women, but all I've ever seen from Schumer is shock-comedy which doesn't appeal to me. She may have a lot more, but every time I've tried, that's what I've seen.

Fahrley rarely did fat guy comedy. He did a lot of physical comedy, but I don't relate that to him being fat. Most of his sketches he did back on SNL rarely focused on his weight ever, if at all.

Schumer has been around quite a while and I've never viewed her the way she's being described as a shock comic or anything similar.

Not quiet the same thing. I'm questioning the rhetoric and implication that she's only funny because she's a woman tell dude jokes when her material covers a lot more than that.

That's not the implication I'm making. I'm saying that the fact that she's a woman who often does material normally done by men is what allows her to do her other material. Well not allows, but gives her a platform.

Ehh, she is ok. Most comics are just okay. Very few are truly, consistently funny. And even those usually only have a short span of time when they are truly, consistently funny. In fact of all the comedy central shows based on a comic(s) I'd say Chappelle was the only one was was really funny.

This just in from the interwebs:

Benico Del Toro to be the baddie in episode 8 - make of this what you will.

I hope there's an overall bad guy behind all 3 episodes and not a repeat of the debacle of the maul/dooku/grevious rent-a-baddie

Ooh, nice!

I refuse to believe they'll repeat Lucas' mistake and make Kylo Ren 'Maul 2.0'. I hope Del Toro is either is a high ranking admiral or a crime lord; but it would also be cool if he came in as a rival to Kylo Ryn, like, competing force-user villains... not sure if that could actually work, but it's a thought.

Also the three henchman villains in the prequels weren't, imo, the problem with those plots. That aspect works by showing the competency of the characters; Palpatine is skilled enough to continually draw powerful and highly skilled support, the Jedi are skilled enough to knock off that powerful and highly skilled support. The logic tree then should show just how skilled even damaged Anakin is as Darth Vader.

Of course all that is hampered by the execution of the plots.

I think most people kind of assumed Supreme Leader Snoke was holding Ren's leash. In reality we don't know enough to really speculate,but that;s never stopped me before. It seems to me that the title "Supreme Leader" probably wasn't chosen by accident. It's very evocative of Iran. Perhaps Snoke is like the Mullahs, almost a religious leader. A true believer. Whereas the new character is more of a political figure? Give a leadership of say Snoke as a religous leader, the new guy as the political leader, the general as the militart leader. Perhaps all answerable in some way to Snoke.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/08/star-wars-episode-viii-casting-new-strong-female-character.html

This is interesting if true. If you've read rumors you've probably seen every possibility for Kylo Ren and Rey's parentage, they are both Solos! neither is a Solo! one is and one isn't a Solo!!

This would seemingly change some of that and in some ways it makes Rey's character make more sense. Up to know I've believed that Rey was a Solo (and I suppose I still do?not sure) but if there is another Solo daughter to come, then I would doubt Rey is also. It kinda makes sense and answers something I've wondered. Which is basically why would she be living on her own on Jakuu if she was Han/Leias daughter? I mean I get that could have sent her away to hide her but for her to not know who her parents are she would have had to been sent into hiding at a very young age. You'd think that if sent away so young that she would have been sent with someone they trusted, right? You'd think the Solos would get some kind of reports on her, right? It seems unlikely she'd become a loner scavenger on her own, right?

A new Solo daughter in Episode 8 opens up so many possibilities. Has she been in hiding with Luke this whole time? Has she perhaps already turned evil and will be another bad guy?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.