UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Guest El Chalupacabra

It was no masterpiece, but I am going to have to disagree with you both on Dreamcatcher. It followed the book pretty closely. If you didn't like it, blame the source material.

Guest El Chalupacabra

So did I somehow miss the chapter where their childhood friend ... um ... ya know ... TURNED OUT TO BE A ****ing ALIEN?!?

That's a pretty radical departure from the book, dude.

Except for that, it followed the book. I didn't like change that, either.

Here's some clarification on the writing...

http://collider.com/star-wars-7-george-lucas-script/

Nice find!

So did I somehow miss the chapter where their childhood friend ... um ... ya know ... TURNED OUT TO BE A ****ing ALIEN?!?

That's a pretty radical departure from the book, dude.

Except for that, it followed the book. I didn't like change that, either.

Here's some clarification on the writing...

http://collider.com/star-wars-7-george-lucas-script/

Nice find!

Thanks for posting this

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She's a girl who says stuff that guys usually only say. That's the gist.

No.

Not at all.

In fact her entire thing is in opposition of this-- that the standard of "funny" is a male thing, and that women can't be funny. Do you mean she is crass and jokes about banging people and being a slob? Sure, some of her material does that-- but a lot of it-- especially what she does on her show, is very smart.

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. Her movie essentially just looks the the inversion of every romantic comedy out there. Normally you have the guy who is a moron and is afraid of a relationship and the one girl "fixes" them. This is just the opposite.

And I'm not saying she isn't somewhat funny. But the fact that she is "crass and jokes about banging people and being a slob" is why she is allowed to do the other stuff she does. Well not allowed, but given a platform.

It's not invalidating, is it? I mean someone said they don't get her so Choc offered his view.

If it was Chris Farley and he had said "He makes fat jokes" would it be offensive?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.