UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Stop exaggerating as you tend to. The point is that if you are looking for even a hint of plausibility in a SW film, you are watching the wrong series. Seriously--you mean people can accept rapid cloning on demand, Jedi falling endless stories and safely landing on a flying vehicle, and a cyborg with a hacking cough (what the hell for), but a lightsaber hilt surviving re-entry is a problem?

This is not even the pseudo-science of Star Trek. It is SW.

Objects surviving several thousand degrees without damage or distortion is a problem. An object the size of a typical lightsaber should be completely vaporized by re-entry. What do you think they're making these hilts out of - magic and unobtainium?

You are talking about Star Wars, not an episode of Nova. Magic (the Force) is the drive of the entire series, so any real world plausibility goes out the window--sci-tech trappings in favor of fanciful, larger concepts. What else is SW about?

Really, If you can accept a two-foot frog using telekinesis while somersaulting with a laser sword...perfect rapid-growth clone soldiers...the Falcon banking like the F-15E Strike Eagle and/or performing barrel rolls in space, then you can accept a magic sword surviving reentry.

I'm just going to let SW7 unfold as whatever it has to be to successfully tell the fantasy story. Aside from that, i'm hoping the leads play into their age and not behave like they're trying to remember how they last played the characters in 1982.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The only Luke's hand thing that made sense was the Topps card (Russell Walks illustration?) that depicted Vader recovering it after their duel and Luke's escape.

What did Vader do with it? Put it on a key chain for good luck?

Kittster is too young! I say Max Von Sydow's character is Chancellor Valorum.

But all this is just a rumor, remember!

Too young? We're 30 years post ROTJ. ROTJ was roughly 20 years post ROTS. ROTS was 10 years post TPM. So we're talking 60 years since we saw Kitster, and he was about 10 then.

I think the deal is that he's evil but she's dumb and doesn't know he's evil.

If it's true.

Which I don't completely believe. I think it's someone putting clues together and guessing.

*cracks knuckles*

Hey idiot. He's not an elephant. He's not a half cyborg either. He's a full cyborg. Cyberdyne systems model 101. A cyborg has both organic and inorganic components. So if he's a half cyborg then what the fuck is the other half? Midichlorians? Sheesh what a dumbass.

*remembers how trollish this forum used to be in the old days*

*cracks knuckles*

Hey idiot. He's not an elephant. He's not a half cyborg either. He's a full cyborg. Cyberdyne systems model 101. A cyborg has both organic and inorganic components. So if he's a half cyborg then what the **** is the other half? Midichlorians? Sheesh what a dumbass.

*remembers how trollish this forum used to be in the old days*

First of all, I'm not gonna lie. Ever since I started sharing on this board I've been called an idiot. And it really hurts. Especially when the name-calling is not merited.

The 4chan synopsis spoilers/rumors is exactly what we're talking about here. It directly explains that Max Von Sydow's character is not FULLY cyborg but MOSTLY cyborg.

DIRECT QUOTE: Sydow is a broken man from the prequel area that has become mostly cyborg.

And not only that but it also mentions that Adam Driver's character (a separate character entirely) is NOT FULLY cyborg but HALF cyborg.

DIRECT QUOTE: Driver wears a mask because half of his face is cyborg.

Not to mention that half-cyborg characters are not foreign to SW anyway. (i.e. Darth Vader, General Grievous)

That ASIDE, I did raise an interesting point that you'd have been better off addressing instead. Doesn't the 4chan sound like bull when they're suggesting that TFA will have 2 (count em TWO) evil characters in black hoods that are half-cyborg.

Please don't call me an idiot! I love Star Wars as much as you. I'm not a troll! I think I deserve to talk about the series just like everyone else.

You are talking about Star Wars, not an episode of Nova. Magic (the Force) is the drive of the entire series, so any real world plausibility goes out the window--sci-tech trappings in favor of fanciful, larger concepts. What else is SW about?

Really, If you can accept a two-foot frog using telekinesis while somersaulting with a laser sword...perfect rapid-growth clone soldiers...the Falcon banking like the F-15E Strike Eagle and/or performing barrel rolls in space, then you can accept a magic sword surviving reentry.

I'm just going to let SW7 unfold as whatever it has to be to successfully tell the fantasy story. Aside from that, i'm hoping the leads play into their age and not behave like they're trying to remember how they last played the characters in 1982.

We all have limits to our suspension of disbelief. Even you, Justus, would balk eventually at something. Don't get haughty and brag how you'll just "let SW7 unfold as whatever it has to be." Storytellers can't add elements endlessly and unreasonably and just expect the audience to accept everything. Eventually our suspension of disbelief fails. Yes, I can accept the existence of the mystical "force" in Star Wars, and the advanced technologies like lightsabers and clones, and even the unnecessary barrel rolls of spaceships and sound in space. But just because we accept those elements, it does not follow that any and all elements must be accepted. Personally, my suspension of disbelief ends at the idea of a lightsaber surviving reentry into a planetary atmosphere. Unless somehow the ability of lightsabers to survive multi-thousand degree temperatures is a plot point, I see no reason for the inclusion of such an incident in the story. Frankly, I don't think the lightsaber surviving reentry is a real detail from the film, anyway, making the discussion moot until the film is released. The larger point raised, though, is that just because I accepted five impossible things already doesn't mean that I must accept a sixth.

I have a theory.

I don't actually like it mind you-- but I think it is a possibility.

First-- I think it is commonly accepted that cyborg dude is in fact the villain.

The confusion seems to be, is Cyborg villain guy the same character as Sydow's character, who is also a cyborg. The concept art has them looking very different, but the concept art also varies amongst showing the same character, so it's hard to say.

We have Sydow-borg depicted with Daisey Ridley on tattooine as a scruffy old veteran type-- and we've also seen super-black clad cyborg person in avery imperial looking setting holding Vader's mask.

Second-- A lot of people think that Adam Driver is the black clad person seen in the trailer with the broadsaber. BUT-- we've seen the broadsword wielder from the front in spy pics and he has a face mask that current rumors say is the cyborg villain... also also, we've seen Adam Driver in an X-Wing pilot suit.

Here's my latest theory...

The broadsword saber guy is a badguy, he wears the mask, we don't know who he is really, and he plays a mysterious heavy that does evil things. The OMG twist is that we find out it is Adam Driver's character, whom everyone thought was on the alliance side. Betrayal and omg. But that saber is rough looking, and his mastery of the dark side is equally sketchy-- he's hooked up with the Imperials but he really needs a master. Maybe he thinks he can learn from Luke-- force him into teaching him stuff. But at some point, the cyborg we see in the Imperial setting, with Vader's helmet, THIS guy will come forward to teach Driver the true nature of the dark side.

And I think that this character, is the same one Sydow is playing-- just at different points of the story. Sydow is rumored to be in the desert with old war/Jedi relics and hangs with Kira (who is rumored to be a Solo child). If the rumors are true-- that Sydow is a prequel era character, knows a lot of history, is an expert on the Jedi/Sith AND is a cyborg... guys... who fits that bill AND is a total white guy?

Anakin Skywalker.

JJ Abrams has already shown us he wants to bring back everything he can from the OT. No one would have questioned a new villain, but he has made sure to make the Empire still alive and kicking. He wants to celebrate the OT so is it really that out there to say that Luke burned the suit and Anakin went into hiding?

Again, I don't love the idea-- but I really think it is possible

I really doubt it, but it's an interesting theory.

I don't know if I have a single coherent theory, but I have some thoughts.

I think Andy Serkis is the main overarching villain, I mean he does the voice over in the trailer sounding all ominous. My theory is also that his character has been somewhat controlling events of the pre existing movies, well maybe not controlling but influencing. I think Von sydow character has been working for him for a long time and obviously still is. I think drivers character is a completely untrained force user who somehow comes into contact with Serkis character.

I think Serkis character has been playing the long game for a long time for some unknown, maybe not completely evil, purpose. I think this is how they intend to tie it all together, so it doesn't just feel like "oh it's a new bad guy". It's going to be that this guy has played a completely offscreen but important role in what has already transpired.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.