UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Pure speculation: van sydows character is Syfo-Dyas.

Makes sense, has some kind of connection to the Sith. Is a prequel era character, as the guy on 4chan said. Was thought dead by the Jedi and he seems to have serious injuries that make him part cyborg.

I think it would be a million times cooler than Boba Fett

That would match up with the added explanation I've read that said basically "this is a guy that hard core fans will recognize and it will mean something to them, but casual fans won't pay it much mind." (All the usual "if this is real" qualifiers, of course)

However, didn't we have a cut and dried death of Sifo-Dyas in The Clone Wars? (And isn't The Clone Wars canon?). That's the only problem I can see with that theory. But yeah, I also agree that would be more interesting than Boba Fett.

Seriously--you mean people can accept rapid cloning on demand, Jedi falling endless stories and safely landing on a flying vehicle, and a cyborg with a hacking cough (what the hell for), but a lightsaber hilt surviving re-entry is a problem?

Rapid cloning: Technology!

Jedi falling endless stories: The Force!

Cyborg with hacking cough: Technology!

Those were easy. Seriously, I'm not asking for them to bring in Neil deGrasse Tyson, but some piece of metal traveling hundreds of millions of miles in space and then surviving atmospheric re-entry would definitely need some level of explanation.

Makes sense, has some kind of connection to the Sith. Is a prequel era character, as the guy on 4chan said. Was thought dead by the Jedi and he seems to have serious injuries that make him part cyborg.

That would match up with the added explanation I've read that said basically "this is a guy that hard core fans will recognize and it will mean something to them, but casual fans won't pay it much mind." (All the usual "if this is real" qualifiers, of course)

However, didn't we have a cut and dried death of Sifo-Dyas in The Clone Wars? (And isn't The Clone Wars canon?). That's the only problem I can see with that theory. But yeah, I also agree that would be more interesting than Boba Fett.

I don't hate it-- but I highly doubt JJ/Kasdan are spending any energy cleaning up after Lucas. That said, there's not that many people it could be if the rumor is true.

Stop exaggerating as you tend to. The point is that if you are looking for even a hint of plausibility in a SW film, you are watching the wrong series. Seriously--you mean people can accept rapid cloning on demand, Jedi falling endless stories and safely landing on a flying vehicle, and a cyborg with a hacking cough (what the hell for), but a lightsaber hilt surviving re-entry is a problem?

This is not even the pseudo-science of Star Trek. It is SW.

Objects surviving several thousand degrees without damage or distortion is a problem. An object the size of a typical lightsaber should be completely vaporized by re-entry. What do you think they're making these hilts out of - magic and unobtainium?

I don't hate it-- but I highly doubt JJ/Kasdan are spending any energy cleaning up after Lucas. That said, there's not that many people it could be if the rumor is true.

That's not Lucas cleanup though, right? I was meaning TCW television show. I was just doing some quick googling and it seems like there was an arc involving his death. And then part 2 of that; I think TCW is canon along with the films/Rebels.

Nah. Who cares about Sifo Dias? I can't even remember the point of that character. Sifo Dias was just another name to a face we never saw in a space politics that were booooring.

A partly digested chewed up half cyborg Boba Fett who is miraculously Scandinavian now and not Maori is waaay cooler.

Max will be Doctor Evazan or perhaps attached somehow to him. "We're wanted men. I have the death sentence in twelve systems!" Legends say Evazan was active during the Galactic Civil War, that he specialized in cyborging and inexpensive surgery. If Max is Evazan we'll find out the Legends about him are just that, also that he goaded Ponda Baba into attacking Old Ben and Luke just to see if Old Ben was a Jedi like he suspected.

I think he's Kitster

I thought you didn't think it was Boba Fett?

Ric Olie.

I hope so hard.

Trick question! Drag Queens wasn't an option!

You're sexually attracted to hair?

So true!

Can I just say how much I've missed reading rumours, speculations and nit-picking about a new Star Wars film. The reactions to the teaser, from the joyous geekouts of people becoming kids again, to the pointless criticising and over-analysis of each frame ("OMG a black stormtrooper!", "What a stupid looking lightsaber! Here's a detailed schematic proving why it would suck", "Why is it all on Tatooine and not in space??" etc) remind me why Star Wars fans will always be a unique breed, and how it only seems like yesterday that it was 1999 and I was here reading that first "Jar Jar sucks" comment.

Here's to the return of SW, nightly.net style, and to a few more years of it yet! :thumbsup::yes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.