UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Guest El Chalupacabra

Would it count as taking something from the EU if he hadn't read a particular story and came up with/used a similar idea?

What if it is done better?

Right. The whole "story treatment" doesn't mean jack diddly.

Would it count as taking something from the EU if he hadn't read a particular story and came up with/used a similar idea?

I'm just saying, for the bleeding heart anti-EU crusaders out there, there's been so much fleshed out and experimented with if you're hell bent on finding a totally original concept that would be very hard to do.

What about ***********'s notes? That is the most important question here.

HA! My addition to the censor from when I was an admin a decade ago is still in there!

It makes me kind of sad that the site is gone. JJ preventing him from leaking or mindless conspiracy theory? Choose wisely.

Right. The whole "story treatment" doesn't mean jack diddly.

I'm just saying, for the bleeding heart anti-EU crusaders out there, there's been so much fleshed out and experimented with if you're hell bent on finding a totally original concept that would be very hard to do.

Except for years of sustained peace, of course.

Benedict Cumberbatch has been seen on the set. He's not credited to be in the movie, and he denied being cast a long time ago. However, when confronted about his appearance on the set, he was asked again if he was to be in the film, he didn't deny it, and said no comment repeatedly.

Add all that up, I don't know what the heck it means, but I would LOVE Benedict Cumberbatch to be in the film, or even a voice over for whatever Andy Serkis is playing.

Living as the classic wiseman on top of a mountain doesn't bother me, it works well with everything Luke was taught and experienced. I can see him as the quiet one, just sitting and listening for what he needs to do.

However that is entirely different than isolating and living in fear of yourself for 30 years. That's where I cut bait on the rumors.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I have a problem with the entire idea that Luke saves the galaxy in ROTJ, but then goes into hiding for 30+ years, never starting a jedi order, or lifting a finger to do anything to help the New Republic (or whatever its called). Yoda and Kenobi were in hiding because they would be killed otherwise. Luke being in hiding is just...stupid.

Given the title I am going to propose that it is a not so subtle reference to when a major government "awakes" after it is attacked. I don't believe Luke has been living in fear for 30 years, but I do think he's been quiet and then BOOM happens and he wakes up. This of course does not mean he hasn't trained anyone nor that he hasn't seen anyone, just means he's been quiet, low profile and then he's no longer quiet.

One thing that really strikes me is the lack of anything like we had leading up to Phantom Menace. By this time (one year out) we pretty much had pictures of the main characters and ships. So far we have some bootleg pictures of some guy that flies over a set daily and production sketches. Give me something!, lol

Oh! and a shot of what is supossed to be Luke's beard, lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.