UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Guest El Chalupacabra

That said, while Qui-Gon was cool and he held TPM together as best he could, Qui-gon as a character was never needed. He was shoe-horned into a story in place of Yoda because the FX needed to have Yoda carry a movie didn't exist at the time. His part of the mythos, finding Anakin, has been seen. I don't think he has a lot to contribute to the story beyond that.

For the most part, I don't disagree, but I think especially when they specifically mention Qui Gon in ROTS, it would have been nice to see his force ghost, even if briefly.

If they make an Obi Wan movie, I think it will be a glaring omission if they don't depict Obi Wan talking to Qui Gon's ghost, at least once. Is it needed? Maybe not, but something I think should be seen in a movie, since he was referenced in ROTS.

And with today's technology, they don't need Neeson, just his permission to generate him via CGI. They could even hire a sound a like voice actor.

I personally have seen enough of the Republic era Jedi doing Jedi things. That well is dry.

Mostly agree, but still down for an Obi Wan movie, set between Eps 3 and 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

People seem to be calling this a sure thing... I guess Variety doesn't normally post casting rumors so the fact they ran with it seems to be giving it some weight. They have to start announcing something soon, they start shooting in a month!

• 2 months later...

AICN was born from TPM spoilers and had about a 50/50 success rate. Since then, he is the #1 target for lies. I faked scripted pages for episode 2 back in the day and he actually ran them. I know the site has grown and is a powerhouse now-- but when it comes to Star Wars scoops from there I am always suspect.

That's a great story, re: fake script.

I don't buy any of it, and I don't think it really matters. If it is a title, it's most likely just a working title that may not mean anything at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.