UNCONFIRMED Star Wars news

Driver

Honestly, I'm fuzzy on the love is good, attachment is bad concept. Also, obviously the Jedi know that Force sensitivity can be passed on through family lines-- why wouldn't they take advantage of that?

The Bene Gesserit might have a problem with that.

Tank I know what your response to this is gonna be but I'm gonna say it anyway...

If you really want a standalone Obi-Wan story, Kenobi by John Jackson Miller is really really really good.

Ohhh no. You got me to read Dark Lord that way and it didn't move my soul! ;P

Guest El Chalupacabra

I'd love for a stand alone Obi-wan film, with a real writer on the script. I think Ewan McGregor would too.

I think that would be awesome. I would rather that than a young Han Solo movie.

Tank I know what your response to this is gonna be but I'm gonna say it anyway...

If you really want a standalone Obi-Wan story, Kenobi by John Jackson Miller is really really really good.

Ohhh no. You got me to read Dark Lord that way and it didn't move my soul! ;P

I DID NOT RECOMMEND DARK LORD TO YOU. I RECOMMENDED SHADOWS OF MINDOR. YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME!

Shadows of Mindor is awful until you get to the end and find out that it's intentionally bad and saying that most of the EU is basically "in-galaxy" fan fiction.

The problem with a young Han Solo film is he was young when we met him. Officially, EU wise, I think early 30s. Do we really want to see some teen or 20 year old play Han Solo?

As for Boba, he has a mask and the voice work is voice work, so bring it on.

As for Obi-Wan, Ewan is only getting older and storywise so is Obi-Wan, so bring it on.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The problem with a young Han Solo film is he was young when we met him. Officially, EU wise, I think early 30s. Do we really want to see some teen or 20 year old play Han Solo?

Agreed. Abrams would probably do something stupid and cast Chris Pine as Solo.

Actually, if Disney wants to make back the billions they spent to buy the franchise they better start prepping dozens of movies tout suite. Just about any currently existing Star Wars actor with the necessary screen presence to hold down a stand-alone film (and possible sequels, too) needs to be pressed into service : Ewan McGregor, Samuel L. Jackson, Jimmy Smits, Liam Neeson, Christopher Lee, Dominic West, Joel Edgerton, Bai Ling, all the handmaidens too like Keira Knightley, Sofia Coppola, Rose Byrne.

Oh crap, I didn't realize Driver was Tank!

WHAT!?!???

Guest El Chalupacabra

Ewan McGregor

I've already said I would be down for an Obi Wan movie, so yes please!

Samuel L. Jackson

I would totally be down for a Mace Windu adventure.

Jimmy Smitts

I would totally be down for this, as long as it was more an adventure including Tantive VI, than the snoozefest that a movie based on the meanderings of the Galactic Senate movie would be

Liam Neeson

I'm a fan of Neeson, but i don't think he is a fan of Star Wars. They couldn't even get him to come back as a force ghost in ROTS, so I doubt he would do a movie.

Christopher Lee

I am a big Christopher Lee fan and felt that he was DEFINITELY under utilized in the PT. He's always a great villain. But the guy is 91, and I think he is not going to be making many more movies, if any, after Hobbit

Dominic West, Joel Edgerton, Bai Ling, all the handmaidens too like Keira Knightley, Sofia Coppola, Rose Byrne.

Ehh, I don't think they could carry a film collectively,let alone by themselves.

I'm a fan of Neeson, but i don't think he is a fan of Star Wars. They couldn't even get him to come back as a force ghost in ROTS, so I doubt he would do a movie.

But they did get him to come back as a Force ghost in The Clone Wars, so maybe his heart has been softened since 2005. I can't see him doing a whole movie again, though.

There's one thing that some fans never grasp-- that actors don't always love and have the commitment to a franchise that fans do. Granted, I beat up on Christ Eccelson a bit for not taking part in the Dr. Who anniversary, but Liam Neeson was pretty vocal about thinking TPM was a crap fest. Taking time to do some VO work, which could be done anywhere, is a lot smaller of a commitment than signing on for an entire movie.

That's how much he likes Star Wars-- he likes it if it is convenient. Fans should accept that.

That said, while Qui-Gon was cool and he held TPM together as best he could, Qui-gon as a character was never needed. He was shoe-horned into a story in place of Yoda because the FX needed to have Yoda carry a movie didn't exist at the time. His part of the mythos, finding Anakin, has been seen. I don't think he has a lot to contribute to the story beyond that.

I personally have seen enough of the Republic era Jedi doing Jedi things. That well is dry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.