WWE Network

Darth Krawlie

I'm not a big enough fan to get it... Even though $10 a month is a steal.

That said, this kind of model is freaking genius. They connect it to computers and set-top on demand boxes and have cut out cable as a middleman/money taker and are basically paying a fee to the carriers that leaves them making crazy profit .

I honestly think this is the future of entertainment. If every content provider did this we could banish cable. No more tiers or bullcrap channels.myou just subscribe directly from the network/content provider of your choice. Netflix doing original programming was the start, but the WWE literally has 40 years worth of weekly tv shows backlogged to make this thing crazy doable.

If HBO, show time or pretty much any of the networks went this route it would change everything.

Yeah, I agree. I said back in the mid 90s I thought tv would eventually be an a la carte thing, where we just pay per show or channel with no packages or tiers. I also thought the idea of a tv being on at a certain time would be a thing of the past, which with on demand and dvr is becoming more and more.

It's worth it for the PPVs alone. Throw in the estimated 1500 hours of old school stuff and it's a no brainier.

Kind of ironic, actually, because as access to the WWE becomes easier the overall product remains poor. I can easily picture myself watching a PPV out of boredom only to quit watching when the suck factor gets too high, much like we all do when a football game turns into a blowout.

Even still this is an awesome step forward, because wrestling always gets hot eventually. Not sure when that's gonna happen, but when it does it's gonna be so cool to have easy access to the PPVs.

It's worth it for the PPVs alone. Throw in the estimated 1500 hours of old school stuff and it's a no brainier.

Kind of ironic, actually, because as access to the WWE becomes easier the overall product remains poor. I can easily picture myself watching a PPV out of boredom only to quit watching when the suck factor gets too high, much like we all do when a football game turns into a blowout.

Even still this is an awesome step forward, because wrestling always gets hot eventually. Not sure when that's gonna happen, but when it does it's gonna be so cool to have easy access to the PPVs.

If and when wrestling "gets hot" either the overall price of WWE network will increase of it will stop carrying current PPVs.

It's a 6 month commitment @ $10 per month. That's the cost of Wrestlemania alone. So yeah, I'm sold.

I figure if the price goes up, you can always opt out once your six months is up - and you'd be locked in at the old price through the duration. So no worries.

I am so excited for this. I have a Roku and I believe ala cart is the future of television (best yet is the revival of old school public access channels). 95% of my TV watching is background noise while I am on the computer and nothing is more perfect background noise than old wrestling.

A feature I would love is full RAW and Nitro episodes from the current week each year so we can relive all the storylines.

• 1 month later...

I actually watched the RAW pre and posts show, which was alright. I then watched the first 45 minutes of the 1988 Royal Rumble which consisted of a great match between Rude and Steamboat, Dino Bravo bench pressing for 15 minutes, then a women's tag match.

Some thoughts: 1. Diva's are big girls with bad hair in swim suits and tights. 2. Some moves I saw you don't see anymore--starting the match off with the mercy game/ strength test and repeatedly slamming your opponents head into the turnbuckle.

I think it would be cool if we randomly picked an old school PPV every other week to watch and reflect on.

Watched WM 25 last night. I was there live and I remember the last two main event matches being so bad because I was emotionally tapped during the HBK/ Taker match. But going back, both those matches were decent--not as near as bad as I remember it, especially the triple threat Edge, Cena, Big Show match.

With that said, boy I miss Edge. He was great. I would like to see him come back in some capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the current ala cart model in general and have several subscriptions on my Roku. Right now I prefer this model, but I am concerned as too many networks/ businesses switching to this model and charging $5-$10 a month for their services. If this happens, WWE will probably be affected and only the most devout fans will continue their subscription.

Sure, $10 a month is a steal if you reguarly buy PPVs, but if you only two a year it breaks even. Take into effect that many people that buy PPV's split the cost with friends. Also, $10/ month seems cheap, but when compared to services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime that offer a wider variety of content.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.